1.9.1 - Browser for local files

Hello,

I want read the Ruby’s documentation, the format is HTML and could be download here http://ruby-doc.org/downloads/ .

For this I try to read it with the Browser (firmware 1.9.1), because there is the tab function : one tab for the Core library and an other for the Stdlib.

But at each action, I have a request for activate the Wifi, even if I push ‘Cancel’, the question is always asked at each action move, select, zoom, etc. In my settings, the Wifi is not activated and I don’t want activate it.

How to use the Browser (1.9.1) for local files without Wifi ?

Thanks in advance.

Surprise this morning when I power on my Max2 : the picture is in landscape mode ! The last usage was in portrait mode. After the capacitive screen doesn’t respond or in rare occasions. I’ve check the applications in background and discovered that the WEB browser is always active and continuously ask to activate the Wifi.

Impossible to reboot because the capacitive layer doesn’t respond. Impossible to close de WEB browser because the capacitive layer doesn’t respond.

I’ve connected my computer on the Max2 via USB : the capacitive layer is not responding I can’t give the authorization to active the debug mode.

Only the keys seems to respond, but I can’t navigate in the menu or select some thing with the keys.

How to solve this problem ?

Thanks for any help.

Probably a bug not in the browser but in the user’s parameters. I’ve installed Opera and Firefox (Fennec) from the APK files. This browser are not usable without the A2 mode.

With this two browsers I can deactivate the usage of the WIFI, the question is only asked when a new tab is opened.

Push by my curiosity, I’ve tried the native Max2’s browser, now I can deactivate the WIFI ??? I’ve removed Opera and Firefox and reinstall the 1.9.1 firmware and the browser keep usable.

To verify the diagnostic, it necessary to remove the user’s parameters used by the browser and restore the properties of the directories with ‘chmod …’ and ‘chgrp …’ and maybe make a ‘rm -rf …’.

[Update : ] Maybe some files or directory (with the good rights ?) could be missing.

If the procedure is given, I can make a new test.

Just curiosity: how did you solve problem with capacitive screen?)

Hello,

I’ve reset the Max2 like indicated here : Lost of capacitive layer after boot, how to reset Max2 whit the keys in my other post. The original explication is here : How to reset or where is the reset button on Max Carta?

1 Like