After v2.2.2 malfunctioning forum

Try activating “Activate front light when device wake up” in power options. Firstly I noticed that if I put device into sleep while front light is activated and wake it up, long press back button doesn’t work anymore. But if I activate option I mentioned, then screen lights up after waking up and back button is working normally, in addition if you put device into sleep while screen light is off, it stays off after waking it up later, so that option only works if screen is lighted before putting it to sleep. I didn’t figure out how to turn off automatic light when starting up the device though.

Can you add the possibility to have the same state restored in terms of display options, contrast settings, palm settings from the last boot because it is very infuriating to set these options on every start. It makes much more sense to make these settings persistent through restarts.

Yea, you’re right. It is programmed until you manually touch the function to turn on or off the backlight- the button function wont work. It will only work after doing the methods like you said(drains battery in the daytime) or doing random mind sensing things to move our finger 1 inch below the device to avoid bezel and move extreme left and drag back 3.5cm to trigger the light mode in the status bar and again use your memory to sense the adjust bar in middle of the screen and turn on the backlight and please turn off immediately and finally now you long press the physical back button for 3 seconds to turn on the light. JACKPOT! you done.
I still don’t know the purpose of 3 seconds hold function to turn the lights on, after doing this all.

It doesn’t come handy,
1.When sudden power cut while reading
2.when your room light make a shadow when you writing
3.when you’re a bedtime reader.

I wish the next update would bring back the function.

successfully came back in 2.2.2

1 Like

I hope not, I’m trying to figure it out and let see any possibilities to do that.

The menu bar on top of the screen in apps is gone. Now when using the browser or any other app I can’t go back to the home screen for example which is highly annoying. Please give us the option to show the menu bar in apps.

1 Like

Eventually i am familiarizing with naviball usage. I find especially useful the prev page and next page shortcuts. They are really handy in different contexts. For example they turn page in neoreader, but also in notes app. Moreover they can do “big scrolls” when reading in third party apps, like browsers and news readers, helping to lessen the refresh artifacts that would be more pronounced and frequent using finger scroll.

Anyway I was thinking this: it would be useful to have some kind of naviball-like tool in neoreader and notes app with functions peculiar of these apps.

For example, in the notes app, the “notes naviball” option settings would let the user choose to include shorcuts to lines, brush, pen, eraser (and other gui functions).

I think also that this would be useful when the user sets the notes app in full screen mode, because it would let the user utilize all the space of the page (which is very desirable, especially in smaller screen devices like novaPro) and keep the most used functions in the notes-naviball for rapid access. If the user needs another function he would then exit fullscreen and find it as usual.

2 Likes

The four colour options in note app is appreciated, but I find some latency while I write with colours other than pure black. Is it happening?

• yea, me too
  • not really

0 voters

successfully done in 2.2.2

I know that many of these issues have been pointed out by others, but I wanted to provide my feedback all in one place. After updating to V2.2.1, I noticed a few bugs.

1. When naming note files, certain characters cannot be input from the keyboard, including :, , and ", though these can be copied and pasted into the file name.

2. I still can’t get Dropbox to sync.

3. The navigation ball is automatically enabled upon startup, even when explicitly disabled in settings.

4. The AI handwriting recognition feature won’t place a space between handwritten words appearing on different lines.

5. The note toolbar obscures the top of the note page rather than rescaling the page appropriately.

6. Sometimes, books and files are displayed with the wrong covers.

On the whole I do like the added features, but these bugs to tend to detract from the user experience. Additionally, not all of these bugs are new to the new update. I attemped to submit these through the feedback form within the software, but when I try I get a network/server error, which I suspect might be from lots of people trying to provide feedback at once.

Could you kindly submit those bugs on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device? Our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.

Funny, I don’t write on mine, but my wife did when she got it. She found that the handwriting recog was all manner of messy: mixing up and overlapping words very chaotically. The output was just a jumbled mess, but it did produce the right words.

I don’t know if that’s normal, but from what I saw there’s no point in even attempting using the feature.

Dictionary in Neoreader appears tiny now (see screenshot), too small for me to easily read, and I couldn’t find a way to increase font size. Changing font size in the Dictionary app is possible but doesn’t affect the dictionary popup in Neoreader.

If there is a way and I couldn’t find it, please let me know. Otherwise this would be really good to change.

Thanks and bye!

Thank you for your kind suggestion here. Could you kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device at the same time?

Yes, I’ll do so, thanks for your reply. Is this an individual problem or a general 2.2.2. issue?

After 2.2.2, the normal mode seems to have some negligible ghosting in the background [referring in general, not more often in neo reader but still not able to get clear white after page turns]. It seems like refreshing in normal mode(2.2.2) does between A2 mode and old normal mode. As normal mode operated in past versions has no ghosting as far as I remember. I did check after reboot, it still persist. I don’t know this is happening only for me or I poorly noticed in past versions.

Hi,

I found exactly the same issue on my Nova Plus.

Refreshing with the refresh button, which I’m having on the Navigation Ball, seems to improve it.

Would be great if Onyx could fix this with the next update.

I have a major problem after the update - when I go to write in the Notes app, it no longer ignores my hand resting on the screen. It brings up some kind of zoom popup, the screen flashes, and then it says “scaled to minimum”. Over and over again, every time I put my hand down.

Now I can’t write any more on the device unless I keep my hand off the screen! Is there any way to fix?

2 Likes

Yes, this bug has been forwarded to our relevant colleagues and will be fixed with the firmware update in the near future.

BOOK DETAILS IS NOT ACCESSIBLE:

When I long press any book(irrespective of format), the book details is not accessible. This may not happens after 2.2.2, because I didn’t check this before. Can anyone conform the same(if happens).

DISPLAY TITLE PROBLEM:

‘Display title’ in library setting is not working for half of the books. It still shows the name(eg. see the above picture- I selected ‘Display title’ option), may be it is just me or anyone out there facing the same issue, please conform.

Thank you - now that I know I can turn off the touch sensitivity in Notes, this is no longer as much of a problem for me. I do however hope that you remove the little icon in the corner of full screen - I really want to able to draw and write on the full surface of the device again!