After v2.2.2 malfunctioning forum

Funny, I don’t write on mine, but my wife did when she got it. She found that the handwriting recog was all manner of messy: mixing up and overlapping words very chaotically. The output was just a jumbled mess, but it did produce the right words.

I don’t know if that’s normal, but from what I saw there’s no point in even attempting using the feature.

Dictionary in Neoreader appears tiny now (see screenshot), too small for me to easily read, and I couldn’t find a way to increase font size. Changing font size in the Dictionary app is possible but doesn’t affect the dictionary popup in Neoreader.

If there is a way and I couldn’t find it, please let me know. Otherwise this would be really good to change.

Thanks and bye!

Thank you for your kind suggestion here. Could you kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device at the same time?

Yes, I’ll do so, thanks for your reply. Is this an individual problem or a general 2.2.2. issue?

After 2.2.2, the normal mode seems to have some negligible ghosting in the background [referring in general, not more often in neo reader but still not able to get clear white after page turns]. It seems like refreshing in normal mode(2.2.2) does between A2 mode and old normal mode. As normal mode operated in past versions has no ghosting as far as I remember. I did check after reboot, it still persist. I don’t know this is happening only for me or I poorly noticed in past versions.

Hi,

I found exactly the same issue on my Nova Plus.

Refreshing with the refresh button, which I’m having on the Navigation Ball, seems to improve it.

Would be great if Onyx could fix this with the next update.

I have a major problem after the update - when I go to write in the Notes app, it no longer ignores my hand resting on the screen. It brings up some kind of zoom popup, the screen flashes, and then it says “scaled to minimum”. Over and over again, every time I put my hand down.

Now I can’t write any more on the device unless I keep my hand off the screen! Is there any way to fix?

2 Likes

Yes, this bug has been forwarded to our relevant colleagues and will be fixed with the firmware update in the near future.

BOOK DETAILS IS NOT ACCESSIBLE:

When I long press any book(irrespective of format), the book details is not accessible. This may not happens after 2.2.2, because I didn’t check this before. Can anyone conform the same(if happens).

DISPLAY TITLE PROBLEM:

‘Display title’ in library setting is not working for half of the books. It still shows the name(eg. see the above picture- I selected ‘Display title’ option), may be it is just me or anyone out there facing the same issue, please conform.

Thank you - now that I know I can turn off the touch sensitivity in Notes, this is no longer as much of a problem for me. I do however hope that you remove the little icon in the corner of full screen - I really want to able to draw and write on the full surface of the device again!

The line of pen size 1 cannot be seen when drawing. I belive that the same refresh mode is being applied to all the shades now.
This has fixed a latency problem on gray shades but now there is another problem to fix…

There are no settings in Optimisation for enabling/disabling full screen. It feels like if I step out of using Onyx apps the device becomes almost unusable- for example without Onyx launcher you have no A2 mode, no contrast, sometimes touchscreen does not work until restart, cannot launch Notes app, ect.

Some docs do not show the title since they do not have the internal file metadata.

For this bug, please submit on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device and our member will reply back as soon as possible.

All other modes other than normal mode doesn’t support full screen refresh while touching the time icon in status bar. Usually normal mode automatically produce clean background most of the time, but the other three modes produce ghosting which reqires manual refesh often. This is not a big deal compared to other bugs, but this is a bug.

A NEW BUG:
Some time I cannot able to take my nova pro continuously about three days upto a week, so I set automatic power off after 12hrs, which saves me lot of juice from draining during sleep(2% per day).

But oftentimes I read consecutively, every time when I long press words for dictionary in neo reader after every boot up, the first word is stuck in loading, I have to redo it to show the meaning of the word.

I now understand the issue you described. When I restart my Boox Note 2 and then open a document with NEO reader and highlight a word to open the dictionary, then yes, I see loading for a couple of seconds the first time, but the word loading disappears then.

So maybe you have to wait a little longer, because your device is not as powerful as mine and it took a little longer to open the dictionary app. This is actually what happens. When you highlight a word, then the dictionary app get started (you can check it in the recent app list) and while the app is not loaded, you see a placeholder “loading”.

Maybe Onyx could start the dictionary app in the background to speed up the first usage of the dictionary, but waiting for the first highlighted word is also okay for me.

Hmm, now I get to know what happened, as I installed four different dictionaries(side-loaded), when I deselect all the dictionaries other than native ‘cobuild’ dictionary, it works fine. Maybe the size of other dictionaries(like webster’s unabridged)may cause the stuck issue.

But, the dictionary priority order is not working when moving the order using the up arrow and down arrow adjacent to the name of the dictionary. It is not associated with the previous issue. Its own on its way. I didn’t check with the native dictionaries(cuz I use only English dictionary alone-it has only one English dictionary built-in to download). Its annoying every time I have to select another dictionary from the pop up dictionary even though I opted my preferred dictionary on top of the list. Can anyone conform or its just me?

Hi,
started to use the Novo Pro last week and immediately updated to the lastest firmware 2.2.2.
Today I tried to use the sidenotes functionality in both a epub and pdf file. Upon activating sidenotes from the top left menu bar the screen splits but I am not able to scribble on the notes-page. I can add and delete extra pages, change pencil width/color etc, but no notes will be recorded when I scribble.
Anyone else having the same problem? Or do I have to change some (default) setting?