All bugs and issues with firmware 2.2.2 (Note 2)

People have mentioned that you can turn off the zoom feature to re-enable palm-rejecttion. But when I do that, it still pops up text saying “zoom disabled” every time I place my hand or move my hand. And you can’t write while the message is there, so effectively it is still broken with the zoom turned off!

Is there some way to turn off this message? I’m so upset with this latest update, it has totally broken the writing / note taking. Who in the world designs these software changes? It’s like they don’t actually use the device at all.

1 Like

Added another bug to the keyboard section and fixed wrong “added” dates in the list.

Issue with drawing over text in note.

Additionaly, the buttons on Max2 device do not turn the page in the note app.

delayed line segment generated in the notes app.
ezgif.com-crop(1)

1 Like

You should try to restart your device and see if the problem is solved then. I only have a short delay after erasing something with the eraser function of the pen and then immediately continuing writing.

I will try to reproduce the drawing over text issue.

The issue persists after multiple restarts. There is no erasing involved in this issue.
Do you by any chance also see thickening of line when using paint brush tool and then using eraser in the vicinity ?

@dg_goel

Yes, but this has a technical reason. While drawing the quality is reduced to have a low latency and 400 ms (you can set this time in the settings) after pen lifting your drawing will be updated and finally inserted in the expected quality. This is something you need to get used to. Maybe they can improve this, but at the moment this is a normal behaviour.

While you are a Max 2 user and your system runs another firmware and Android OS, it is possible that you encounter problems that I do not have on my device. All issues listed here should be also related to the Max 3 but for no other device.

For example every Note and the latest Max 3 model do not have any buttons to turn the page.

Anyway, please excuse my late reply. I am preparing myself for three exams in February and therefore focused on them. Since I am helping here voluntary I hope you will understand. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Added two new bugs to the notes app:

• When using a note template, then the lines that cross the lines of the template will remain over the lines of the note template after erasing. Only refresh will clear them finally (added 2020-01-27)
  • When using moving eraser to separate a line into two and then using the lasso tool to select one part of the line, still both parts of the line are selected. The moving eraser don’t separate them into two different elements. (added 2020-01-27)

These bugs are also added to the list of the entry post.

1 Like

Another issue with the notes App:

• The return button immediately saves and closes the note. Instead a flash notification should appear to inform me that I must push return a second time to leave the app. This flash notification should only be visible very short and disappear automatically. This should avoid unintentional leaving of the note app when your palm push the return button while writing. (added 2020-02-03)

@claire Is there a way to give me the permission to edit my entry post again? Since today I unfortunately can’t.

I’m having the same problem as here. Max2/Neoreader corrupt PDF documents & lose highlights/scribbles since 2.2.1 firmware update

Neo reader corrupting PDF files after highlighting. Not all files. Maybe 40%.

When I disable “hand touch” in power settings, it becomes enabled again when opening a pdf. I would like it to be disabled like always so that I do not accidentally zoom or move pages while dealing with pdfs.

1 Like

Idk, in the past few of my own bug reports, I’ve detailed how the return button can be used in the notes app to force close and return back in when the app bugs out. Changing this would likely make those bugs app-breaking bugs, because thered be no way to exit the app and save my data.

Using the return button as a force quit of the notes app shouldn’t be valuable solution. Nonetheless the return button should still force quit the notes app in case of a frozen application, because the app can’t catch the return event while frozen. What I am asking for is a return event handler for the notes app, that asks for confirmation, before leaving.

Well I was going to upgrade to 2.2.2 but definitely not now. It seems like there’s a real issue with quality control at Boox. I’m still on the version from 2019-06-13 which doesn’t allow me to sync to dropbox or 21+ character filenames - but it looks like this version has a different but more annoying set of bugs.

It’s a pity really, because colleagues of mine have seen the Boox and thought it looks excellent, but I would not recommend it to them at present due to these issues. Lost sales due to a lack of basic testing.

I agree, I had the note, Nova and now boox 3. It looks good on paper but execution is failing.

Sorry for the late reply here. Could you kindly submit all these bugs on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device?

We have forwarded the request for the longer file name to our team and hope it would be available in the near future.

Another bug - in neoreader, when scribbling on the sidenote side and then trying to scribble on the document, it was immediate in the Note. In the Note 2, have to pick stylus up, then touch screen, wait for it to draw a dot, then continue. Otherwise, screen will just keep refreshing, especially in lower refreshing modes (such A2 or X modes).

Could you also submit this bug on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device? Our team member will reply back as soon as possible.