Battery runs out immediately

I’ve been using booxnote for about 1year now
it’s been working fine but recently it seems broken. the battery runs out immediately even though it has almost half remaining.
i mean it literally go 50 to zero .
i should connect charger to turn it on
and because it always happens i can’t use it without charging every time
what should I do? i paid this about $750 when i bought this from online . but only after 1 year of use , it’s battery broken. im so frustrated about this.and i live in South Korea i cannot get as service. what should i do?

1 Like

I also have battery issues, but less extreme
For me from 50 to zero in about 4-5hours
By the way I also live in South Korea :wink:
A chinese friend bought it for me so AS is difficult…

1 Like

My Boox Note is about 14 months old and also suddenly started to have high battery drain problems. It works fine for an hour or two (less than 1% per hour) then starts to drain battery rapidly - about 8% per hour. It then starts to lock up so that you need to hold down the power key to reboot - that usually takes a few goes. Often locks up again during boot process. Plugging in the charger seems to solve the problem temporarily.

I am still hoping that it is a software problem and not battery failure. Maybe removing some recent Google updates would work. Are you using the Google Play store by the way?

1 Like

yeah it seems you have exactly same issues with me . i didn’t mention it but it frequently freezes recently. especially when it has low battery. so i need to force it to reboot . if that doesn’t work i need to connect charger and reboot. and unfortunately i think it’s hardwate issue for now. because i used old firmware untill the battery drain happens. so i updated it up to date,and it made it worse.
Anyway thanks for replying ,hope we find better model next time .

thanks for replying and nice to see a korean user here
your device seems way better than me
enjoy reading :wink:

Thanks for the details - it sounds like an identical problem. I still have some hope that it is a software problem.

It would be very nice to get the official Boox view on this problem. We are paying “Apple” prices for Boox devices so hopefully Boox aspires to “Apple” levels of quality. If it does it would replace these defective devices immediately.

For the battery problem, please kindly submit this Service Request Form with all information needed and our relative colleagues will have a better and faster diagnosis of the problem.

For the battery problem, please kindly submit this Service Request Form with all information needed and our relative colleagues will have a better and faster diagnosis of the problem.