Boox Max2 and Note flexible screen deformations leaving marks

Greetings! So far, I am really happy with my Boox, however, the only truly awful detail (for me) is that the flexible screen lacks of mechanical memory and some lines (overall underlining pdf articles) can leave a downside (deformation) mark that it is barely noticeable. I didn’t use an extraordinary pressure, just usual underlining.

I realized much more the problem when I installed the screen protector (to avoid the usual screen scratching as adviced by the community), but after I installed it, the little line deformation marks are much more noticeable since the protector leaves a little bit of air where the lines’ marks are and these marks become VERY noticeable (much much more than simple scratches).

At the end, I turned out not using any screen protector because the marks are awful with the protector installed, but now I have to be very careful to avoid scratching :frowning: This is very frustrating!

Have anyone run into this problem? Have somebody achieved to overcome it? (maybe applying hot or cold or something to make the screen totally flat again?)

I will be uploading photos to show what I mean.
This issue is very frustrating since I cannot just simply install a screen protector to avoid scratching while keeping a good look (seriously, the line marks deformations are terrible with the screen protector because of the air inbetween!)

Thank you very much for your attention and your eventual answers!

Best regards,
José

Hello,
I have the same situation. I was able to attach the screen protector totally bubble free, except for the places where small scratches were before. I mean so small scratches so that I have not even noticed them until I inspected the screen very carefully looking for dust particles before applying the foil.
No real solution, except having a time machine and applying the screen protector before the scratches made :slight_smile:

gubi

Hi! Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Yeah, but I never expected these non-conventional scratches. After reading reading about the scratching problem and in the pictures showing them, they looked more like an usual phone/glass scratch, not an actual bending/deformation of the flexible screen. The nature of these marks make them much more noticeable with the protector than usual phone scratches, since the bubbles are trapped in the little space between the bending screen and the protector. So in my case they are quite noticeable along my underlining :frowning:

The worst thing is that this wouldn’t happen with a backlight device, since the frontal layer to scatter the LED’s light is pretty hard.
The bottom question is: do we really need a flexible screen on a rigid-cased device?

Jose

Yes, we do. The point of the flexible screen is to make the device lighter, and much more resistant to breaking. My Note is quite new, no problems so far - but even if some issues emerge, I’m not going back to fragile glass screens.