Boox note battery drain and screen freezing

Dear user, please kindly submit this Service Request Form with all information needed and our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.

Dear user, please kindly submit this Service Request Form with all information needed and our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.

My Boox Note finally came back a couple of days ago. It looks like they replaced the battery and motherboard. It seems to be working fine again. Some comments.

Pros

• fixed at reasonable cost.
  • not having the device made it clear that it is useful - especially for avoiding sore eyes.

Cons

• a device that costs this much should not fail after 14 months.
  • I am concerned that it will fail again soon.
  • no explanation from Boox as to why these devices are failing so quickly - it would be reassuring to know that there was a batch of faulty batteries and the problem is now sorted.
1 Like

Hello. My battery has also died after just one year.
Aside from mentioned things, after the screen freezes, it gets fuzzier over time in a few minutes. While doing that the speaker would make weird popping or crackling noises.
I would like to ask please for those who had their devices repaired how much did you ended up paying?

1 Like

Yep so how much did you pay in total with shipping, and how long did you have to wait in your case? (where do you live?)

I am in the UK and the repair centre is in Poland. It cost me 10 USD approx to ship it and they charged me 23 USD to fix it and ship it back. They took 8 days to fix it, so with shipping time the device was away for a couple of weeks. It also took me a few weeks to figure out what was wrong in the first place, so I did not have use of the device for more than a month.

1 Like

Okay thanks for the infos
I might send it later when I’m done with current semester

I have had the same problem; my Note freezes whenever the internet is enabled unless it is plugged in. The customer support team has been very responsive, but I just can’t justify the cost of shipping from Canada to Hong Kong (more than $100 round trip). Especially if this is going to happen again in 14 months, though I still suspect that there is some fault with the firmware as I didn’t notice any issues until after updating. Maybe I will see if I can downgrade the firmware to see if it solves the problem.

This happened to me as well. It began very suddenly, but immediately before the most recent firmware was released. As soon as I updated the firmware it got much worse, to the point that I just don’t use my Note any more.

Could you kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device? Our relative colleagues will have a better and faster diagnosis of the problem.

Apologize for any inconvenience that has caused. Could you kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings. Feedback on your device? Our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.

I am starting to think that this is going to happen to all of Boox devices eventually.
It is either the design of electronics/ firmware/ or the supplier of batteries in my opinion.
It is not fun that this is happening on such a big scale and not really cheap devices.

1 Like

@Dneru Also my thoughts exactly…

The battery drain problem will be caused by many reasons, such as the firmware update, charging history and others. Therefore, please kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device. Our relative colleagues will have a better and faster diagnosis of the problem. Many thanks in advance.

I too have this same problem with the battery. If I watch a video, it only lasts about 3 minutes. If I just leave the screen on and connect to wifi, it is about 15 to 20% per hour. Note taking – I can barely get through a one hour meeting (it drains to 15% last meeting; one before that it died completely). I have determined that the problem could be that the charging port is a micro-usb, thus, if you are like me, you use any regular micro-usb charger. I have several chargers that have multiple usb ports, bc I have many gadgets. So, my guess is that one must only use the provided wall charger for the Boox Max2. I suggest that Onyx put a warning card in the box – ONLY USE THE APPROVED ONYX charger – or else your battery will die quickly. It is also possible that Onyx is using a subpar battery inside the devices? I was recently going to buy a nova pro device… no longer gonna do that. The battery issue is HUGE. It will sink the company once word gets out – and people continue to experience this.

1 Like

Apologize for any inconvenience that has caused. Please submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device and our team will have a better and faster diagnosis of the problem.

Hi Onyxers

After several months of slow dying, my battery has definitivelly died, bulged and all. After two years of purchasing it

I need a replacement. This is the formulary for it for requesting European assistance?

https://help.boox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

thanks in advance

How can I connect directly with European reparing center?

I replaced the stock battery in my Note 10.3 with a replacement battery from Aliexpress. The stock battery is 4100mAhr, the replacement is 6800mAhr(!). Same size, but the replacement battery has a tiny circuit board (I assume to help manage the battery charge better - the stock battery had none, probably why the battery crapped out in under 2 years).
Soldering skills are necessary(!), I am not great, but with a bit of liquid flux it worked out.
The stock battery is held down with two strong adhesive strips, if you pry carefully the adhesive stays on the gray subframe and not the battery - be careful to pry only where the gray subframe is.
I had to bend the three wire leads carefully so they would not be pinched by the raised ridge of the gray subframe.
Photos here:

1 Like

Hello!
How long does a new battery last and where did you get the one, cost?) Could you test it with AccuBattery, please?

I did something the same but without soldering just using insolating tape and soon later this item (small yellow 26-22 AWG). The new battery has been sent by a seller.