Boox note battery drain and screen freezing

Apologize for any inconvenience that has caused. Could you kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings. Feedback on your device? Our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.

I am starting to think that this is going to happen to all of Boox devices eventually.
It is either the design of electronics/ firmware/ or the supplier of batteries in my opinion.
It is not fun that this is happening on such a big scale and not really cheap devices.

1 Like

@Dneru Also my thoughts exactly…

The battery drain problem will be caused by many reasons, such as the firmware update, charging history and others. Therefore, please kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device. Our relative colleagues will have a better and faster diagnosis of the problem. Many thanks in advance.

I too have this same problem with the battery. If I watch a video, it only lasts about 3 minutes. If I just leave the screen on and connect to wifi, it is about 15 to 20% per hour. Note taking – I can barely get through a one hour meeting (it drains to 15% last meeting; one before that it died completely). I have determined that the problem could be that the charging port is a micro-usb, thus, if you are like me, you use any regular micro-usb charger. I have several chargers that have multiple usb ports, bc I have many gadgets. So, my guess is that one must only use the provided wall charger for the Boox Max2. I suggest that Onyx put a warning card in the box – ONLY USE THE APPROVED ONYX charger – or else your battery will die quickly. It is also possible that Onyx is using a subpar battery inside the devices? I was recently going to buy a nova pro device… no longer gonna do that. The battery issue is HUGE. It will sink the company once word gets out – and people continue to experience this.

1 Like

Apologize for any inconvenience that has caused. Please submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device and our team will have a better and faster diagnosis of the problem.

Hi Onyxers

After several months of slow dying, my battery has definitivelly died, bulged and all. After two years of purchasing it

I need a replacement. This is the formulary for it for requesting European assistance?

https://help.boox.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

thanks in advance

How can I connect directly with European reparing center?

I replaced the stock battery in my Note 10.3 with a replacement battery from Aliexpress. The stock battery is 4100mAhr, the replacement is 6800mAhr(!). Same size, but the replacement battery has a tiny circuit board (I assume to help manage the battery charge better - the stock battery had none, probably why the battery crapped out in under 2 years).
Soldering skills are necessary(!), I am not great, but with a bit of liquid flux it worked out.
The stock battery is held down with two strong adhesive strips, if you pry carefully the adhesive stays on the gray subframe and not the battery - be careful to pry only where the gray subframe is.
I had to bend the three wire leads carefully so they would not be pinched by the raised ridge of the gray subframe.
Photos here:

1 Like

Hello!
How long does a new battery last and where did you get the one, cost?) Could you test it with AccuBattery, please?

I did something the same but without soldering just using insolating tape and soon later this item (small yellow 26-22 AWG). The new battery has been sent by a seller.