Boox Note Pro - Stylus compatability

Dear community,

Is there any other familiar stylus comptabile with the Boox note Pro - I like to explore different stylus and test them.

Samsung Note/Samsung Tab styli are compatible

Surface pro 1 and 2 stylus are compatible.

I’m using a Steadler Noris digital pen and it works great - much nicer than the original even though it lacks the button and the rubber.

Hi. I have also tested the Steadler Noris digital pen on my Boox Note Pro and I can say that my experience has been totally different than yours . The pen does work but the drawings and the notes taken with this pen are barely acceptable As an example when I try to draw a strait line in most of the cases I get a wavy one same behavior when I take notes.

Please might you possibly share what have you done to make It working great ?
I have repeated a few times the calibration but this has not helped .

PS : I have tested the note pro with Samsung pen from galaxy tab s3 and s4 and they both work fine and much much better than the Noris digital pen but I find then not easy to hold and use for a long time ; the Noris pen on the other hand is very easy to hold and use but the drawing in my case has a poor quality.

Thank You very much in advance

That’s interesting and caused me to re-examine it. You are right in that there is a waviness to the lines but primarily only vertical lines rather than horizontal. I went and studied a note I made with the stock pen and that also had a waviness on vertical lines although less pronounced. I think it;s definitely worse with the Steadler pen but hasn’t impacted legibility or handwriting recognition so I’m going to continue using it because it’s much more natural feeling. The effect is a little like using a fountain pen on paper which is too absorbent and you end up with feathering but only on vertical lines. I’m wondering if I swap the nib over whether the problem would go away. I’ll post some samples later and you can decide whether it’s any better or worse than your experience.

Hi . First of all thx for sharing the examples. I have to say that in my case the result with the Steadler Noris digital pen is similar to yours while the drawing I get with the onyx pen seem to be a bit better than the one in your picture. I just use the default note app and I set the line thickness to 5 or 6 , I guess that a bigger line thickness helps to mitigate the line waviness . Furthermore I have noticed that after an intensive usage of the onyx pen the pen nib has started to degrade and one part of It is tending to become flat. I guess that this has help to make the pen stroke to be all in all more linear since the pen has a stable touch on the surface .

It wasn’t cheap but i took a punt with the “HP x360 11 EMR Pen with Eraser” [2EB40AA] and it works perfectly and the tips interchange with the ones that came with the boox. It’s a bit thicker, has a rubber grib and the eraser works. Was what i was looking for.

If anyone has found anything thicker/heaver still i would be interested. But based on the compatibility with samsung s-pen i presume any stylus would have to also work on a samsung - and not many do, i.e. all he modern/cool wacom pens.

has anyone found softer nibs that give more resistance?

You can use the wacom felt nibs it’s much softer
Can confirm it has been working well on my boox
If there’s a wacom shop in your city you can ask to try those there in your pen

There is IBM Lenovo ThinkPad X61 pen which also works well with Note.

looks like very hard nib on X61 pen

do you have a picture or link for felt nibs? it seems most wacom nibs are the same thickness through entire length, but the required style should be thinner like S-pen. or maybe X61 pen can take thicker nib :wink:

I believe it’s those

Not entirely sure of the model name coz I don’t have the packaging anymore
But the nibs I got look exactly like that

I have the new Remarkable aluminum stylus. It works great and feels much better to use daily than the thin plastic one that comes with the note pro. It is a little pricey, but if you take notes and annotate all day like I do, it is worth it. Note: the new update moves the tool bar to the top and makes the eraser easily accessible in the note-taking app. This is great for a stylus without a built in eraser.

Good to know as I use the steadIer stylus which also lacks an eraser.