Can two of these be connected together to display two pages of music side-by-side, turning two pages at once as in printed books?

Can two of these be connected together to display two pages of music side-by-side, turning two pages at once as in printed books?

Hi, one of our customer makes it come true on our Max Carta, pls check the following website. Thank you. https://www.padformusician.com/it/

If you use the “MobileSheets(pro)” app, it is possible without any hassle. You can connect the two devices via Bluetooth (the other one could even be a different device), and page turning is synchronized.
I haven’t tried it with two Boox devices, but it worked fine on my smartphone and a Boox device connected via Bluetooth.
Best,
Jan

Please don’t make this possible! It would ruin me. :sweat_smile:

That is interesting! Is the MobileSheets app adopted to e-ink screens or does it come with fades, scrolls and low contrast widgets like all other apps on the playstore? Is note taking with the stylus supported?

Hi johey,

the app is not speically adopted for e-ink, but works fine. Some menus are a bit dark, but everything can be read in both screen modes (A2 and full refresh mode).

Fades and scrolls at page turns can be turned of, menus are without scrolling.

Pen annotation works, but with a lag (which is irritating, but manageable) and (Onyx, I hope you are listening) a little bit of an acrobatic exercise, because screen touch also works as “annotation”, and thus you need to hold the pen without touching the screen.

Onyx, I still would like to have the feature to turn capacitative touch off - maybe with the exception of the notation bar - by means of an icon in the notification bar. That would completely sell me to use only Max2 as my musical score and not paper scores.

Best,
Jan

On Samsung Note devices the touchscreen turns off automatically when it senses the pen near the screen. This way the ‘acrobatics’ is eliminated fully, and touch works when needed.
Since Onyx uses the same Wacom technology (so much, that the Note 8 pen works with Max2 and vica versa), I bet it can be implemented on Onyx devices too.

I just gave it a quick shoot enough to realize I prefer thestock PDF viewer for sheet music. The MS app is far too inconvenient for me to use with the e-ink.

Interesting, for me it is exactly the other way around.
Almost always when I look for a function when using MobileSheets, I search the manual and there it is.
I have the strong suspicion that musicians are involved in the development of th app.
There is even a “stylus mode” when annotating as I found out now, which seems to work ok with the Max 2.
/Jan