Developer support?

Hello,

I’m interested in writing NEW software for the Onyx Boox Note and Max2 devices running Android 6.0. However, after posting a question in the Github repository for the Onyx SDK, I have not received a response in over a week. Is there any support for third party developers interested in creating new software for the Boox devices?

Sincerely,
Francis

We have forward it to our R&D, please stay tuned. Thank you.

Any update on Onyx R&D policy for working with outside devs?

Please provide source code for kernel and bootloader

I,m also interested in writing software for BooxNote with pen support .I hope boox open sdk for pen.

Here’s a dumb question but how do you get the device into developer mode for USB debugging ? I too want to try and write an alternative notes app using the pen SDK. Thanks

Root access required

Hi,
Can you guys please allow an add-ons capability in the notes app. The add-ons can then be built by the community to allow for specific needs like more shapes, UML writer etc.

I would also like to write software for the Boox devices. I’d be interested both in completely new apps or in enhancing built-in ones, like the Notes app.

It looks like Onyx has recently updated their SDK at https://github.com/onyx-intl/OnyxAndroidDemo.

Looking forward to trying things out.

I’ve been playing with the SDK using one of there Android demos as a starting point. It works ok, you can get zero latency scribbling and then draw over it later. What you can’t do is actually change how the zero latency drawing is done because it’s done deep down in a native library. So you can’t do different intensities for example or change the pen style to anything but the built in two pens in the SDK. I’m looking at maybe going a lot lower level to try and do reMarkable style things like shading and pen tilting for wider strokes.

Does the stylus supply tilt data?