I’ve been using Boox Note Pro for several days already and I run into some bugs and limitation in built in dictionary application, which is I’d say very important aspect of any ereader. I’m still on 2.0.1 FW version as there’s no update available. So here’s the list:
- I don’t think there’s any inflection/conjugation/morphology support in dict app. So you have to search for exact base word to be able to see definition. Comparing to Kindle which I used previously, it is cumbersome and frustrating.
- It’s not possible to scroll or change pages in long translations after fully opening dict app nor in popup window
- In popup window of dict if translation is long, sometimes it shows nothing even though after opening full window dict you can see translation of that word
- I don’t think it respects formatting of the dictionary. Font is always bold, only size changes. On desktop GoldenDict application formatting is so much better with the same dictionary file.
- Would be good to have possibility of changing font face used in dictionary. I don’t like default one.
- There should be support for online Wikipedia, similarly to Koreader.
- Inability to copy any text from translations
I hope dictionary will get better after updates because now it is almost unusable