[Feature Idea] NeoReader: Renumber PDF Pages

Because it’s an issue of software, this idea can apply to all boox devices loaded with NeoReader software (including my Nova Pro).

Very often when reading a PDF, the page numbers listed in the book don’t match up with the page numbers in the PDF file itself. So, when reading in a textbook, for example, if the class jumps ahead to a specific page, the user of the PDF reading software frequently has to do a quick calcation in their head to figure out what page they’ll need to jump to.

This is why most modern PDF reading software offers a feature called page renumbering or page relabelling, which allows the user to specify their own mapping between page ranges as listed in the book, and page ranges in the PDF.

With page renumbering, the user could use the software itself to jump between physical pages within the digital book. It’s such an obvious and easy to implement feature, and including it in NeoReader would immediately make reading PDFs a more enjoyable experience.

4 Likes

Opened I similar topic in Nova series section.

I agree, Neoreader should implement those functionalities. Not all pdf documents have a built-in table of contents (for scans it would be really useful for example)

:grinning:Noted with thanks here. Will forward this request to our relative colleagues to follow up and we will keep you updated.

1 Like