Feature request: add new "sidenotes page mode" in NeoReader2

Hello, I recently purchased a BOOX Note that I immediately updated to 1.9.1 and am really enjoying the device but I think the NeoReader2 needs some improvements.

Could you implement the new feature in NeoReader2?

At the moment, the split screen feature in Neoreader, where the device displays (in landscape mode) the side notes page associated with the current page, is unusable for me often.
I need “new sidenotes page MODE” in which the sidenotes page IS NOT associated with the current page and possibility to change the main pages and sidenotes pages separately.

Thanks in advance if you could implement this.

3 Likes

I agree. A sidenote page would be amazing and if it is sliding that would be even better like the pulldown screen in android phone where we have all the controls. Something like that to take notes in portrait mode will just take max2 to another level. Please implement sliding note feature.

1 Like

Dear samuileldi, thank you for the kind suggestion, I will forward it to our R&D Department. Thank you very much!

1 Like

I would also love to see an option to switch between “note connected to current page” (like it is implemented today) and “permanent notes” (the note taking part of the screen could be the normal note taking app, basically the pdf in one part of the screen and the note app in the other).
This is useful for me because I usually write all notes directly in the pdf document (not side notes) first and later I try to summarize everything I have noted in to a new document, currently I write the new document on my computer but I would prefer to do it in my Note+

I found that Android 6.0 actually already has support for split screen, however the feature will need to be customized to work better in the onyx boox system.

• In build.prop you can add the line: persist.sys.debug.multi_window=true
    or
  • Go to Developer options -> Enable multi-window
    to test out the multi-window functionality in a stock Android 6.0 system.

Hello, had the same question / request for my BOOX MAX 2, and I searched the forum before asking as a respectful citizen would do :), and I bumped here.

Has been the feature implemented on boox max 2 yet?
If not when are you planning to release?
I refer to

“I need “new sidenotes page MODE” in which the sidenotes page IS NOT associated with the current page and possibility to change the main pages and sidenotes pages separately.”

of the OP.
Thanks

Yes, it is not associated with the current page now.

No it is not, at least on BOOX MAX 2.
Running Neoreader 3 and the latest firmware (december 2019)

ok, actually it is!
:slight_smile:

Sorry.
I just found the setting in the settings,
Good work! It is fabolous now, thanks

ok then thanks.
Can you please tell me how can I export in a pdf only my annotations in the right side?
I do not want to export entire pdf which may have i.e. 700 pages, only the i.e. 30 pages of my notes. (I do not want to have it combined like i.e 730 pages, but only and only my 30 pages converted to pdf)
Thanks again and sorry for bothering

Hi, I am unable to find this setting for sidenote page mode. I have looked in global and Neoreader settings…

thanks

john