[Feature Request / Pipe Dream] No Pen Lag for 3rd Party Note Apps

I was impressed by your video, lectoreNotes was one of my favorite note-taking programs, but it runs very slowly on Onyx Note.
Have you contacted the author of the lectoreNotes program and offered him your own solution to the problem with delays in writing?
I think a lot of people would appreciate it. I am not an android developer and I do not understand what fixes you have made, I would be very grateful if you would describe it in more detail or maybe share your examples somewhere on github.

Yeah no, this is false. What youā€™re saying is hard is actually very straightforward. They just need to go into the surfaceView creation section, add in a couple lines that create/setLimitRect/openRawDrawing, then setRawDrawingEnabled(true/false) in onPause/onResume (disable touch while weā€™re at it), for a very simple drawing hook.

My smali hack was entirely done in function overrides, meaning the places I inserted stuff at are already present in AOSP. They literally just need to add in those lines I described.
That was my first time looking at any Android app source/smali, and it only took a few hours to do the above in smali.

The reason I think theyā€™re hesitant about it is because there are a bunch of functions that are very app dependent, such as stroke thickness, erasing (they might just want to do naive erasing, but what the app decides to erase probably will be different, e.g. stroke erasing), smoothing, etc. But youā€™re not talking about this, because I donā€™t think what you described is how the Android drawing API works. I donā€™t think it has anything to do with screen refresh rate.

If an app developer is to implement this, what I described is also most likely what they would do (maybe a souped up version), so thereā€™s very little difference doing this at the app level vs. the system level.

Again, Iā€™m pretty sure this isnā€™t how the drawing API works.
The ā€œnote modeā€ would literally be what I described in the other post, the only difference being the surfaceView created being the entire screen (probably minus the status bar), rather than just the app drawing area.
Also, you know how little of a difference there is between manual and automatic mode for toggling this? Itā€™s as easy as automatically disabling touch on stylus activity, which I have a (nonpolling) script for. Basically anyone who has written a decent amount of shell scripts can do it.