Finally, firmware 2.1.2 is available now!

Announcement: The firmware 2.1.2 update for Note Pro, Nova Pro, Max 2, Max 2 Pro, Note, Nova, Note S and Poke Pro is available now. Please update by OTA or downloading from our update page. Updates for other models will be released later.:sunglasses:

So far so good on my Nova Pro. :grinning:

Thanks for the update.
My first impression is good !
Installation was smooth, took about 5 minutes but no problems. I can just continue reading on my Nova Pro :slight_smile:

That is an enthusiastic header, but I am sorry to say that the actual message is a bit disappointing and lackluster.

Until now, you have completely ignored any questions and suggestions concerning the Boox Note Lite.
The link that you give also has no information on the Note Lite at all.
No current firmware, no expected firmware, nothing.

My money was not ignored when I bought my Note Lite this year.

Can you please give some information on when we can expect new and well-functioning firmware for the Boox Note Lite?

Hello, sorry for the late reply. We shall apologize first for any inconvenience that may cause. We have double checked with our relative colleagues that the English version firmware is not available for Note Lite and only some of our distributors have the Note Lite on sale.

Thank you for the response Claire.

The amount of resellers doesn’t seem relevant to me.

The resellers that offer it have all it’s marketing material and the specifications in English language.

It is an official Onyx Boox product, for sale as we speak, and apart from the stylus, the internal hardware is identical to the other Boox Note models.
So it can’t be very difficult to provide English language firmware for it.

Even the included quick-start guide is in English:

So when selling and marketing this product, English was not a problem.

If now you choose not to make this small effort to support this model in the same way as the other Note models that would be unprofessional and consumer unfriendly.

Please reconsider, and deliver English support also for this Boox Note model in a manner that fits a company that targets the global market.

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I can’t use Speech to text feature, it is not showing in Onyx keyboard at all.
I have checked the settings of keyboard, and the option is enable alerady.

Am I missing something?

Hello claire,

in firmware 2.1.2 there is the same bug that I reported in fw. 2.1.1: the wpa2 connection is missing in the wireless network connection, I cannot connect to a hidden wireless network.
This bug occurs only after a factory reset has been made with the new 2.1.2 firmware. It applies to both Max2pro and Nova pro.
This bug is very annoying.
Please report it again.
You can suggest me a workaround?
Thank you

Schermata%20a%202019-06-16%2012-14-45

Could you kindly tell us the model name of your device? Do you mean the icon of the mic has not shown up?

Nova Pro

and Yes, the mic has not shown up

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to inform you that the Speech to Text feature is not available on Nova Pro since it does not have a Mic.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are really sorry about that problem. Did you use the Italian on our device? We have forwarded this bug to our relative colleagues and hope it will be fixed in the near future.
For now, please try to change the language to English first and then you could connect to a hidden wireless network and then change back to Italian to use the device with Wifi connection.

Thanks for the workaround, it works.
The bug concerns Italian, and perhaps other languages, but not English.
I’m expecting another version of bug fixing.
Thanks

Hallo claire,
the coupon code you gave me is valid only for your online store? Not for Amazon?
Excuse the question off topic, but usually, for convenience of delivery, I buy from Amazon (so I did for MAx2Pro).
Thank you

Oh, and by the way, isn’t this your own official website?:

And doesn’t it has a menu specifically saying “SUPPORT > Download updates” ?

So I think it would be good if you would stop trying to find excuses for not delivering support for it.

Yes, we have submitted that to our R&D department. Hope it will be fixed in the near future.

Yes, it is valid for your online store. Thank you for your support to Onyx Boox all the time!:grinning:

Dear, the website you provided is one of our distributor in Russia. We have explained that the English version is not available for Note Lite and only some of our distributors have the Note Lite on sale. Please kindly contact the seller directly about the latest firmware.

Really?
Then that’s both interesting and confusing.
onyxboox.com is registered in China, not in Russia:

Domain Name: ONYXBOOX.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1563325178_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: grs-whois.hichina.com
Registrar URL: http://www.net.cn
Updated Date: 2017-06-01T01:37:35Z
Creation Date: 2009-07-23T17:13:06Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-07-23T17:13:06Z
Registrar: HiChina Zhicheng Technology Ltd.

Anyway, let’s focus on trying to get Boox Note Lite owners supported with English firmware.
Since the Note Lite was delivered in a sealed box in English, and the supplied printed manual also is in English.

You have said there are only a few distributors for the Note Lite.
And you are telling me that you (Onyx International) shouldn’t be contacted, but they should be, implying they may have English firmware available?

Then, since it looks like you are not taking responsibility or willing to give this support, can you give me the contact info for one or two distributors that may have English firmware available?

Could you kindly tell where did you purchase the Note Lite?