FW2.1.1 Onyx keyboard international version contains one chinese key

Hi

ON the FW2.1.1 software usiing the note application shows with use of the ONYX keyboard one key with chinese character(s) on it. it;s the CAPS key.
It works good but looks strange on an international FW version.

Please pass this input through to the developers

Thanks

Hello, we have not found the Chinese key. Could you kindly provide a screenshot for us?

My screenshot/photo

IMG_20190419_132034%20small

Feel free to contact me if you need more information.

Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We will forward this to our relative colleagues to follow up about the Onyx Keyboard problem. Could you kindly change the keyboard to Android Keyboard? (Find out at Settings/ Language/ Keyboard And Input Methods/ Default/ Android Keyboard)

Hi Claire,

Yes I can change it back to Android keyboard. This solves the problem with the chinese character key but on the Android keyboard I do not find the key to enable the pencil input instead of typing.
Or is there another way by using the Android keyboard and entering the pencil-writing mode ?

Thanks

Dear, the pencil writing mode could not be added in the Android keyboard. Hope you could understand that. And we have submitted that Chinese character to our relative colleagues.

Hi Claire,

Thanks,
I do understand that it is difficult to add to the standard Android keyboard. No problem.

Btw please also check the keyboard in different settings/modes/apps. I noticed the ONYX keyboard shows more often a chinese character.

Best regards,

Do you mean that the Chinese character will appear some times in some Apps, while it will not appear in other Apps?

Hi Claire,

No, I mean that in some apps you get a different keyboard layout. And one of these contained more keys with chinese characters.

Popping up of chinese characters happens more often, not only on a keyboard. I had one case in which I exported the highlighted sentences from a english PDF document. The resulting file showed chinese characters ! Other exports of similar documents resulted into normal english or dutch sentences.

Hi, could you kindly submit this on Feedback with the pictures? Our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.

Hi Claire,

Thanks for your reply.
I’m sorry but the note was of a confidential document which I’m not able to share. I will double check if I can reproduce the issue with a public document.

Oh sorry, I have missed that point. Please submit on Feedback when the problem happen again.