Google Contacts not syncing

Hi,

also with the newest firmware update, the google contacts are not syncing on my Max 2 - even though the calender is syncing without any problems.
Things I have tried:

• cleared data of google play, google play services, contact app
  • installed the official google contact app from play store
  • installed a 3rd party contact app
  • installed google contacts sync apk

When I start the google contact app, I am asked to sign into my account, when I try to sign in, I get the error message: account already exists on this device (which makes sense, since both Play store and google Calendar are syncing).

…everything of course with reboot.
Annoying when using the Max 2 to write emails, because I have to manually enter every email address.

Any help? - the calendar is syncing without any problems!
Best,
Jan

Also tried to remove the account from the Android standard settings,(not the Onyx customized ones) and signing in again. No success.

/Jan

Hello,Please send the apps to socialmedia@onyx-international.com.We will check this issue.

Which apps?
The stock contact app you have by yourselves?
The google contacts sync apk can be downloaded here: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-contacts-sync/google-contacts-sync-8-1-0-release/#downloads
The other contact apps that I have installed just access the same contacts on the device as the stock google app - I installed them to make sure that the stock contacts app is working fine, which it apparently is (except for being able to sync).

I noticed when I go into the “real” android settings -> accounts -> google, that on my smartphone, there are the categories “Calendar”, “Contacts”, “People details”, while on the Max 2, the “Contacts” category is missing, the “Calendar” and “People details” (amongst others) are present - which explains why the calendar syncs fine, but not the contacts. It does not explain why the category is missing…

Best,
Jan

Hello,I have sent this app to our software department.I will let you know when this feature is fixed.

The apps version is this :

We have test this version.
First we added “Jack” to Contacts by computer, then we refreshed Contacts in MAX2 and “Jack” was synced.

My problem, as described, starts earlier.
I cannot sign in within the Contacts app.
When I try to sign in, I get the error message "Acoount already exists on device."
So syncing does not work (I have tried), because the contacts app is not able to sign into the google account - unlike google play and calendar, who are signed in and working & syncing fine!

Best,
Jan

Any news on that issue?
Best,
Jan

I have found the solution. Somehow, Google Contact Sync App (apk) is not installed on my Max2. (Would be interesting to know, why, since I did a factory reset, but anyhow).
My mistake was assuming that all the Google Contact Sync Apps (official by google) are downwards compatible (it even suggests so in the comment, when you try to download the newest version - Andrord 6.0.1 and upwards)
They are not - at least not on the Boox Max2
I needed to download the one intended for Android 6 (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-contacts-sync/google-contacts-sync-6-0-1-release/), install it (I rebooted, do not know if that even is necessary) and wupti - Google Contacts Sync wonderfully!!

If you have the same issue, that is what fixed it for me!

Edit - the installed contacts app (google) crashes on my device. Install a newer one from Play Store (or another contacts app, like DW contacts), and everything is fine.

Best,
Jan