HDMI output (alt mode)

Hi there,
I’ve been searching this for hours, but cannot find an answer. When talking about HDMI everyone is talking about HDMI input (using the Boox Max3 as a monitor: using the monitor app). But what happens if you connect the HDMI cable to an external monitor? Will the Boox Max3 give a video signal out? Or will the external monitor stay without signal? If so, what about the USB-C port, does it provide a video signal if you plug in a USB-C to HDMI adapter? Is it possible to mirror your screen to a TV? Does the Displaylink adapter work? Can I connect a projector in the lecture hall to my Boox device to run a powerpoint presentation? I am well aware of DRM limitations in HDMI connections. My use case would be content that I have produced myself, so for me this is a non-issue.

I would really appreciate if anyone could test this out for me. If I had a device I would put a video on youtube about what works and what doesn’t, but I haven’t decided yet if I am going to buy it.

All the best,
Michael

3 Likes

That is exactly my question!

Hello Michael, this feature is not available now and our R&D team is working on this.

2 Likes

try using a type-c to HDMI adapter. works for most android devices.
even if it works, the output might be black and white just as the screenshots are

Did that work? Claire wrote, they still are working on that feature

not sure. my adapter didn’t work. but it didn’t work for my other android devices either.