Lovely device, slight pen and keyboard issues

Hi,

I just got the BOOX MAX 2 and first impressions are really good.
I love reading books, epubs, and PDFs on an eInk screen, especially one so large!
I spend all day looking at screens, and some of the time it’s nice to use one without a back-lit screen.

Two questions:

1. I tried a few note taking apps, and they are totally unusable because of the 1+ sec lag. The provided notes app has limited functionality, but is really responsive. Why can’t other apps respond as well as the built in app?

2. Writing essays and blog posts on the device is great with a bluetooth keyboard. But, I can’t find an option to hide the built in keyboard when using a bluetooth keyboard. Can you tell me how to do this?

Thanks again for creating such a brave and different device!

About the BT keyboard: seach on the Google Play Store for “External Keyboard Helper Pro”. There is also a demo version. As far as I remember, it should hide the keyboard.
Is it possible that you are experiencing the same issue that I have reported here?
see here

If I type with any text editor (eg. Retro Text Editor), the oncreen keyboard is hidden or I can hide clicking on the button on the right of the virtual spacebar. As soon as I click Return on the BT keyboard, I get the onscreen keyboard back along with a mouse pointer. Please let me know if you have the same issue.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the tip about the Keyboard Helper.
That resolves pt 2 for me.
But it would be nice if the Max had this functionality built in.
i.e. to hide the on-screen keyboard when external keyboard is in use.

I have not experienced the other issue you mention. I use Jotta Pad and I can type the full length (and width) of the screen.

I’m still confused as to why the pen writing performance is so bad in all applications except the built in notes app.

Dear, I suggest that you upgrade it to the newest version first.

BOOX Max2 V1.8.3 20180129
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fpDm5Lav7WXR_JemdJWygZYRrLC3ySCn

It might help you to solve the question 1.
If the issues persist, we will contact our technical team and talked about the problem you encountered, we will come up with a solution and help you fix it. Please don`t worry.