Low Battery Notification Popup?

Is it possible to enable some kind of notification popup when the battery is very low before the device shuts itself down?

On all my other Android devices, there is a notification popup box when the battery gets dangerously low. I had assumed that there was such a feature on the Note, but it seems that there isn’t.

I knew my battery was low, about 20% to be precise, but I thought that would be more than sufficient for writing a short composition in the native note taking app. It wasn’t.

Suddenly, my screen changed, telling me to charge my device. Naturally, I plugged my Note into a wall charger. I then found myself back at the home screen.

When I navigated my way back to the note taking app, my composition was gone. I hadn’t been saving as I went along. Lesson learned.

From now on when writing or sketching, I will save the document periodically, particularly if I know my battery is getting low. That way, hopefully, I will not lose everything.

However, had there been a popup message warning me to save or close any open files and connect my device to a power source, this loss of information could have easily been avoided.

If you could tell me how to enable such a notification feature on the Note or make it available in a future update, I would be most grateful.

Thanks.

Dear, the device don’t have the low battery notification, but I will forward this good suggestion to our R&D, Thank you very much.

While I appriciate you passing this along, this is another example of a standard Android feature that has been removed from BOOX.

In addition, it’s a standard Android requirement that apps save their state. On normal Android devices, as the phone is rotated, the app is effectively stopped and re-started, and people get really annoyed with apps that loose what you have typed in such cases (especially for a note taking app)

The idea that a ‘need to charge now’ alert popping up can cause people to loose their notes is horrifying.

I absolutely LOVE the display for reading, but there is just so much that has been standard in Android since long before 6 that was deliberately ripped out that it’s hard to recommend it to others with the software in the current state.

Oops - old thread… Apologies.