Miracast Function

In a future update, I hope you will add a screen cast function to the Boox Note. I would like to be able to use my Note with a Miracasr dongle connected to my projector. It would be very useful for work to be able to project my Note’s screen onto a wall, onto a whiteboard or even onto a smart TV.

Many people in the fields of Education and Business need to be able to share their work with large groups of people. Mirroring your device’s screen is a great way to do that. I can easily do that with my phone or a tablet. However, it would be wonderful to be able to do that with the Note because it is so much better for writing and drawing. It is a feature which would make the Note more appealing to a greater number of people.

Great idea, with the sceen cast function, it will provide great convenience for most of the people

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately we can not add this function to the current generation of BOOX NOTE since adding this function requires big change to the hardware layout. But for sure we will keep your suggestion in the new feature list for the next generation of BOOX NOTE.

You can follow up more discussions in this forum to know more about BOOX eReaders!

That’s unfortunate that Miracast cannot be enabled with a software update.

I have tried using Chromecast to connect my Note to a projector, and although it can be done, it doesn’t work very well. Sometimes, the projected image will show up perfectly, but the image won’t have rendered fully on the Note. And trying to edit a PDF while connected to Chromecast is not a pleasurable experience. Often the edits don’t show up until you have refreshed the page so people cannot see what you are doing as you are doing it.

So, please, please do consider enabling Miracast in the next generation of the Note. It is a feature which would make it very appealing to many educators and other professionals.

Thank you.

To follow up on this. As of today, is there any Boox product that allows casting to another device? As the original poster mentioned, this would be great for education and presentation.