Monitor for Macbook Pro Retina 13-Inch Early 2015

Hi there, I have a Max2 Pro and a Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). When I connect the HDMI cable into my Mac and click on the Monitor app on the Max2, I simply get a background of mountains. This is not even the background on my Macbook pro.

Is there anything I have missed? When I look at videos online it always looks like it immediately works.

Thanks!

Does it work normally after several minutes?

I will try again tonight and will let you know. Thanks!

Hi there!

I tried to leave it connected for 10 minutes and it still does not work. Here is a picture of what I have got.

Please advise.

Thank you!

In this case, could you kindly submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device? Our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.

Your problem sounds like normal Mac operating system behaviour - you can change it from the System settings, from Display settings. When you have two screens, you can decide whether they will show the same things (mirroring) or different things, as two separate adjacent screens. Now it looks like you have it set to show two screens.

If you open the System/Display settings, you should see a tab that says Arrange (only visible when you actually have two screens connected), and when you select that, you can see the way how your screens are arranged together. There is also a clickbox that says “Mirror Displays” - if you click on that, the two screens will show the same content.

1 Like

here are two images showing the Display Settings: