Move Notes Between Boox Devices

I have both an Onyx Max 2 and Onyx Note 10.3. Both devices are set up to sync notes to my dropbox account. I’m trying to copy notes from one device to the other.

1. I tried copying the notes from one devices folder in Dropbox to the other.
  2. I tried exporting the notes and copying the exported notes to the corresponding folder on the other device.
  3. I tried performing a local backup with the hope of moving the backup file to the other device to restore.

None of these worked.

Is there any way to migrate notes between Onyx Boox devices?

I forgot to mention that I could not find the local backup file to copy to the other device in order to restore, so it is possible that that could have worked.

Our R&D department is already working on this issue, please pay attention to our system update.

hi any update from ur r&d on the above subject ?? i am also using two onyx devices max2 and pro

Hello, you could learn more about copying notes to different notes from this thread.

Update: Dear user, in the latest firmware 2.1.2, you can login an Onyx account with your mobile phone number or email address. Then back up your notes and you can recover your data on another Onyx device with the same account in an easy way. Hope this answer could help you.

Hi Claire

Is there a way to backup from Boox Max 2 to local PC instead of Onyx cloud account? I am sending my Max 2 for battery repair and want to do backup and restore. I prefer my PC instead of cloud account.

Thanks

We are sorry to inform you that it is not available to backup to PC now.

Wow, what a bummer.
Experience had taught me to not rely on proprietary file-sytems or mechanism, even if the company is great.

One thing users might use here is a third-party app like syncthing.net. I have yet to test this on Onyx devices, but it might just work!

2 Likes