New firmware update!

Hi, as Onyx says here:

new firmware update coming soon in early june!

2 Likes

Hi Onyx,

has this update been aborted?

Dears, good news! We have released the updated FW(V1.9.0) for Max 2 and Note, you could upgrade the device by OTA directly.
Thank you very much for your patience and support.

Very good, can you give me link for download and a list of bug fix?

Dear Jack, here is the download link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yQk7Jd18XhBKE0iZDgbU2YPT0VZuttkd
You could also find the changelog from our website:
http://www.boox.com/downloads/
Thank you very much.

Fun fact: My BOOX Max 2 had German set as its system language and did not find the OTA update. I kept forcing it to check for updates and it kept saying that none were found. On a hunch I changed the system language to English and it immediately found the firmware update and proceeded with updating the reader. So if your device is set to a different language and does not find updates OTA, try setting the language to English first.

1 Like

I bought recently a Boox Max 2. I already made an update last week and installed some applications from Google Play. Yesterday I learned about the new update, 1.9.0, and tried to install it. For a while all seemed to be OK, but after the reboot I discovered that in the “recent screens” there is an open application called “OnyxOtaService” with a message - “Cannot find upgrade package!”. The “Knote” isn’t an my homescreen, so that I have to conclude that the update actually isn’t installed.

Unfortunately in the “system update” section of the settings the update 1.9.0 appeared as installed. Any retry to download it again fails due to “no update package available”.

I tried to do a “factory reset” (systems–>privacy–>facatory data restore), but that only delete the installed applications and accounts. The update to the system remains intact - the update 1.9.0 is still there in the update section of the settings, but not really installed: no new “knote” application on the home page, still the old “note”.

Now I requested a return from Amazon, but the idea to be for some 3 weeks without a “Max 2” makes me very unhappy. I love this eink tablet A LOT. It’s what I hoped to buy for the last 15 years of using all kinds of ereaders.

So please help me to make the device go through a real “factory reset”, in otder to try again to install the update 1.9.0 Maybe there is a key combination that triggers a REAL factory reset.

Are you sure your note app have not been updated? I mean the note app is just named “Note” on the home screen and also on the apps screen in the new version too. I have not seen it named Knote anywhere on the device.
The most obvious thing by which you can tell is that in the new note app the toolbar for the brush selection moved from the top to the left (and changed some features of course).
So if your is still on the top, you really need help from Onyx. I would be very sad if I would have need to live 3 weeks without my Max2 :slight_smile:

Hi gubi, same here. There isn’t “Knote”, but still “Note” with new functions.

Thank You for correcting me Gubi. Thank you both. I compared the screenshots from user.jack with my note application once I opened a new note and the menu is identical. If that is a proof of successful update with 1.9.0, I am really happy to cancel the return. The message of failure to find the update package aside, my Max 2 appears to function OK. IThough I say that cautiously for instant, because I try to avoid heavy usage before I receive the screen protection films. Actually the most important apps foe me are those reading pdf files that can export highlights. And Max 2 is the best pdf reader I ever used.