I have sent the following to support the other day (my first day with Max3) and have not heard back yet, so I am worried about their support responsiveness. So pleased we have this forum.
I guess I am not the only befuddled newbie here, so with the questions I add my solutions so far.
- I installed Amazon Kindle but there is something quite wrong, by the look of it .I logged on in Kindle app on ax 3, can see the STORE and can purchase from it, but LIBRARY is empty. I have lots of books on my Kindle account, but they do not show. Even the book I purchased from Max 3 shows on anotherdc device, so I am logged on. Still LIBRARY shows as empty, HOME says LOADING RECOMMENDATATIONS with the little wait-circle, then it times out. I did update the system, restarted the reader - no change. I was hoping to use the device (amongst other things) with my Amazon Kindle and this functionality is advertised, so presumably I am doing something wrong.
_This was the crumbly WiFi messing things up. Connecting to a decent one resolved that. _
- Max 3 does not show in Finder (Mac) when I plug in. The device charges OK, there is a sound when I plug it in, but the storage is not visible. Is this correct? I bought Max 3 mainly to review articles and grade student work, which involve putting pdf files on it and annotating them.
_OK, so it turns out it is fine on a Windows machine. Annoying, frustrating, hopefully Onyx will fix this one day (is anyone from Support listening?!) but I can live with this. _
- The device is connected to WiFi, time and date are set to automatic, the time-zone is set correctly, but time and date are shown incorrectly. When do the time and date set?
_ Poor WiFi hits again _
- ONYX account : I logged on using phone (I and most UK users use WhatsApp not WeChat) and after one failure (in spite of the correct code) I managed to log-in. I am trying to push a file, so I put in the URL provided (http://10.2.1.178:8083) while staying on the page and get Safari error Server not responding). Any suggestions?
_This works fine on decent WiFi. It was very confusing though. Hey, I am easily confused! _
- I use Dropbox. I logged in from Max 3 into my Dropbox account. “Login successful” was displayed, then the process asked to be allowed access to Dropbox/onyx-knote (was it supposed to be “knote”?), I pressed Allow button, nothing happens, Max 3 stays on the same page, no “onyx-knote” folder is created. The Account page on Max 3 shows Dopbox with an “Unbind” button and “None” - whatever that means. How can I use Dropbox now?
_Still no “knote” (sic!) in my Dropbox but worked around that using DropSync mentioned elsewhere. Much better functionality and no knotes (which is probably for the better) … _