Open notes from Note app with other apps

I recently purchased the Note 2, but I’ve run in to a bit of a problem.

I use ownCloud to store and synchronize my files. Now there is an ownCloud Android application which does work on the Note 2 and allows me to access my files, but I am unable to ‘Share’ or ‘Export’ my notes to any Android application other than the built-in options (NeoReader, built-in sync options, share via wifi or bluetooth).

Is there an option I am missing to just do the default “Open With” option present on most Android devices?

If not, is this a feature that can be added?

It doesn’t need to be the editable note, being able to open the exported image or pdf would be enough.

I believe the"Open with" options are dependent on the installed apps on the device which are associated with the shared file type. So, if you need an app to appear in the list ensure the following:

1. The required app can open the file.
    2.The required app is installed in the device.

Thank you for your reply. It looks like ownCloud does not support this way of opening files, I wonder why it was working on a different Android device before then, but ok.

In addtion;

I have added my ownCloud account to the System Accounts settings and enabled “Files” under “Account Sync” which, from what I understand allows the app to automatically sync files in a specific directory. Is it possible to change where the Note app saved exported files?

I can of course move them by hand, but the less manual interaction required, the better. Would be nice to just “Export” to a specific folder.

I am not using ownCloud, so I think I am not the right person to answer your question. However, I would recommend using another app called: DriveSync Pro which was mentioned among other useful apps here: