Pen only responds if Scribble menu turned on

I have the Note 2 - suddenly the pen will only write if I have the Scribble bar on. If I exit out of it (in pen mode of course), then it does not write nor will it erase when I press the pen button to erase. It can turn the page and toggle the icons in the menu bar on top, but that is about it.

So the Ereader does feel it and respond to it - just will not write or pen-erase normally unless I have the scribble menu on top turned on (which keeps out any editing in the area covered by the scribble menu bar). I applied the new hardware to see if that changes it and no change at all.

What is the fix?

Thank you,
Walter

1 Like

It seems that you disabled the pen accidentally.
Open a file in the reader, then tap in the middle of the page to activate the reading menu. Then find at the top bar the pen icon (see the photo). Tap on the icon to reactivate the pen.

1 Like

Thank you! I accidentally found it just before getting your reply, LOL. Yes it had to be by accident as I did not even know yet what that icon did and never touched it intentionally - had no need to, LOL. All is well and your reply gave me comfort as to how I did the rror and how to fix if it happens again.

Thank you again!

1 Like