Screenshot Function?

I recently received my Boox Note and I love it. However, I haven’t been able to figure out how to take a screenshot on it.

On my Boox Max, I can simultaneously press the page forward and page backward buttons to take a screenshot. However, the Note doesn’t have such buttons.

One way to add this important function to the Note would be to add it to the list of available options after a long press of the power button. So after a long press of the power button, one would see the following options:

Take Screenshot
Restart
Power Off

That’s the way that I can take a screenshot on my phone and on one of my tablets. It is very convenient.

Thanks

4 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion, but for now screenshot can only be taken by page turn buttons. We will forward this request to our software department.

I like this idea a lot!

I was very disappointed to see that the 2.0 firmware update did not add a screenshot function to the Note. I really hope that Onyx will include this feature on the next firmware update.

Adding “Take a Screenshot” as an option to a long press of the power button or a long press of the back button would be extremely helpful.

At the moment, I have to use a third party app to take a screenshot which is a bit inconvenient and annoying.

I also request this feature, now i’m using a third party software but it’ll great to have it implemented,

I hope they add this feature soon because the third party app which I have been using to take screenshots doesn’t work in the native note taking app on my Note because the note taking app takes up the whole screen making it impossible to click on the screenshot icon.

It is really necessary to have a screenshot function because the note taking apps does not always save information properly. There have been times when I have been using it and I have hit the save icon before exiting the app only to discover that it did not save all the information on the screen the next time I go to open that particular note.

I love the note taking app, but I would like to be able to take a screenshot of my work because the app is still a little bit unreliable.

I would also like to be able to take screenshots by long-pressing the power button, this is a native function in Android and should not be hard to activate again, however if this native screenshot is already mapped to the physical buttons (that do not exist in the note devices) then adding this feature manually in the menu is also very easy, please se the following link on how to implement screenshot functionality in power menu in Android :

Screenshot functionality:

And here is another tutorial on adding generic items to the power button menu:

I sent Onyx an email about this request by way of the feedback form in the Settings area on the Note, and I recently heard back from them that they would be adding this function on the 2.1 update.

This is wonderful news!! Can’t wait for this new update to come out!! :grinning:

2 Likes

I’ve just been trying out the Nova Pro with the latest firmware. There still doesn’t seem to be a way to take a screenshot. Very disappointing.

Please add “Take a screenshot” option to a long press of the power button.

Dear, you could diagonally tap on two corners of the screen to capture the screen in PNG format. The function is only available on the reading page in the latest firmware. And we will forwarded your valuable advice to our relative colleagues.

Thank you for that valuable information.

However, it would be preferable to have the screenshot feature as an option on the long press of the power button so that it would be possible to take screenshots in other apps as well.

Thank you.

Dear, thank you for your valuable suggestion. We have forwarded this to our relative colleagues.

I just discovered how I can use the floating navigation ball in the new firmware to take screenshots. This works wonderfully and is sufficient for me. Thank you.

It would be nice to be able to take screenshots from apps and be able to paste that in notes.

Dear, you could easily take screenshots on different Apps when enable the navigation ball and will forward the request to paste the screenshots on Note App to our R&D Department.

It took me some time to figure out where to find the settings for the navigation ball.
I finally found it in the apps list. After enabling the navigation ball and configuring 1 option to take screenshots, I could do what I wanted, The screenshots work great!
And using the library I could find my screenshots. Editing them (I use then to fill in crosswords) works great. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Claire,

What do you mean tapping diagonally on two corners?
I’ve been trying to do this, but I have note manged yet to do it properly.
Can you elaborate please?

Nevermind, I managed >.<