Share your thoughts on the new firmware V2.1.1

Thank you for that! Boox will keep working to provide better products and services for users.

Hello, thank you for your feedback.

Hello, thank you for your kind help!

Hello, for the customized sidebar, we will forward this to our relative colleagues to follow up.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. Could you kindly tell us what is the language of your device when you check update for the device. The OTA update will be available for English version only now.

Dear, thank you for your kind suggestion. We will forward this to our relative colleagues to follow up.

When you are in sidenote mode, you shall leave the sidenote mode with the ā€œCloseā€ icon button to make annotations on books.

We have tried several different documents on our device, it will export all documents when we click the ā€œExportā€ button. Could you kindly try another document?

The Language in setting says: English (United States), although Iā€™m in Europe, not in the USA.

Hello Andrey, thank you for your kind suggestions.
As for the sidebar interface problem, we have forwarded this to our relative colleagues to follow up. Hope it will be fixed in the near future.
The ā€œenable scale titleā€ button will be fixed in the next firmware update.

ā€¦

Bump

Sorry for missing this. We are keep checking with our relative colleagues, and we will keep you updated.

Hello, could you kindly tell us the firmware version for your device before checking update?

I have the same problem. The language is English, the device is Note. Current firmware is 2.0.1.
Ota update available only if I choose Chinese language, but date of that firmware is 27.03.

Sorry, Iā€™ve already installed the update by downloading and applying locally.
The previous version was 2.0.1 (I cannot tell the exact build number by now). Iā€™ve always installed the latest firmware (so far worked over the air, except the first update (1.8.3 back in 2018 march)).

I also didnā€™t get an OTA update, so I just downloaded manually.

First impressions are pretty good, very happy about direct note taking.
The new sharpness / contrast help quite a bit on my scanned textbooks.
Iā€™m glad you finally ditched the multi-tab icon in favor of a single interface for tabs and options.
Also thereā€™s (new I think?) back and forth buttons between two pages super handy.

Now for the difficult points,
-With direct note, is there any way I can still highlight small words with the pen instead of touch?
Itā€™s too hard to highlight with a big finger sometimes, I wish I could use the pen button for this
Could we have the option to remap the pen button to toggle ā€œdisable pen noteā€ instead of eraser?

-Speaking about highlight, I usually only select words to look up in dictionary / translation app
Now every time I select a sentence it stays highlighted, and I have to manually click the TRASH button
Can you disable the highlight after user click any COPY/SEARCH/TTS buttons? (no highlight intention)
This is super critical please I select words all the time for translations T_T

-Also while I can use the COPY feature to share it with my translation app, native dictionary doesnā€™t work
It seems the dictionary only opens when user single click a word, but this doesnā€™t work for korean language
Only one character is selected, so Iā€™d like to be able to select the whole word and see the dictionary as before

-For navigation could you bring back the swipe to turn pages?
Left and right hotspots are okay, but sometimes itā€™s faster to swipe when my finger is already
(It seems pinch zoom doesnā€™t work either, although I rarely use it)

Hi @QuestionMark
I agree about floating navigation ball. But, I miss the Home option.
In some apps (i.e.:Dropbox) you use to go forward several times (in this case in the folder tree) but, how to go (to Home) directly out?
You have to press the hardware button several times to go back all way down to the start. Then next press bring you Home.

Yes!:ok_hand:

allowing users to add HOME and apps is an excellent idea !

Thank you for your feedback. At the same time, we will forward this to our relative colleagues to follow up.

Hello Lemo, thank you for your feedback to us.
With direct note, is there any way I can still highlight small words with the pen instead of touch?
It is not available, and you could use the pen to highlight when you have exit the direct mode by clicking the ā€œPen Disableā€.
Could we have the option to remap the pen button to toggle ā€œdisable pen noteā€ instead of eraser?
It will be available when you are in the scribble mode.
Speaking about highlight, I usually only select words to look up in dictionary / translation app
Now every time I select a sentence it stays highlighted, and I have to manually click the TRASH button
Can you disable the highlight after user click any COPY/SEARCH/TTS buttons? (no highlight intention)
This highlight bug has been submitted to our relative colleagues and hope it will be fixed in the near future.

Last, for the dictionary and navigation problem, we will pass these to our relative colleagues to follow up.