"System UI" terminated

Hi,
I just unpacked my new NotePro and started installing my applications. When I press the ‘task switcher’ icon (top right corner), I get a message box with the text
‘“System UI” wurde beendet’ (german, translates to ‘“System UI” was stopped’).
After closing this box, it appears again, multiple times (~4 times) and then I’m back on the lockscreen. Besides that, the device works fine without problems.
I rebooted into debug mode and cleared the cache partition (that seemed to help others with a similar problem on android), but it didn’t change anything.
The device is not rooted/unlocked. What can I do?

Dear, sorry about that problem first. Please kindly update to the latest firmware 2.1.2 and you could learn more about how to update to the latest firmware 2.1.2 from here.

Hi claire,
thanks for the fast reply. The OTA update fails, the device comes up with the text bootmenu and an error message at the bottom about the failed update. Any more advice before I do a factory reset and a new try to update?

Dear, in this situation, please kindly try to update locally. If that fails, please submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device. Our relative colleagues will have a better diagnosis of the problem. Thank you for your understanding.

HI claire,
I’ve already tried that and it fails the same way. I’ll try again and send the feedback. BTW, the error message, that shows up on the boot screen is:

E: Failed to mount /data /dev/block/platform/ff0f0000.rksdmmc/by-name/userdat <truncated here>

After sending the feedback I’ll do a factory wipe and try again.

All good after factory reset and local update of firmware to 2.1.2.

Thanks for the quick help.

1 Like