Text to Speech cutting sentences short

Hello,

I am enjoying my BOOX Max 2. I use text to speech regularly. I found I could easily add the Google TTS voices and Cereproc voices which work well.

The issue is: TTS on the Boox in English seems to highlight part of a sentence and read that section out, frequently cutting words in to two parts and reading them one letter at a time. Is it possible to change a setting now or request a change in the next firmware that causes the the TTS to highlight whole words or sentences only, rather than chopping them short at a certain number of characters. Or failing that - is it possible to increase the number of characters highlighted.

Many thanks.

Hello forum again,

I have found another quirk with the TTS that makes it hard to use. The above issue is with PDF documents where the speech splits sections mid word, rather than between sentences. The second issue I have found is that with EPUB books the TTS misses out two words at the start of each highlighted section as it reads out the page. This makes the TTS very hard to use. Are there any settings that can be changed to modify these behaviours? I am happy to test them on my ereader. Many thanks.

Hello,

About TTS, how to add a new voice for the Onyx engine ? I would have a French voice.

Hi.

French is available.

1. Download the Google Text-to-speech engine .
  2. On your BOOX go to Settings > Language > TTS > Select Google as your preferred engine. Then click on the Cog for the TTS settings. There you can select French and many other languages.

It still has the problem I have described of not reading out whole sentences which is an issue with TTS highlighting a fixed number of characters rather than whole sentences I think. It also seems to miss out the two words at the start of each highlighted group when reading PDFs. Very frustrating.

Thank you for the trick. It’s sad that Onyx doesn’t propose a native solution.

Dear,
Thank you very much for your message!
We have contacted Our technical team and talked about the problem you encountered, we will come up with a solution and help you fix it.Please don`t worry.