Using Boox as a drawing pad for PC

Hi,
I want to record a lecture on a PC (windows) and use BOOX as a board where I can write notes, equations, etc.
Is there a way to integrate BOOX to windows, such that my sketches will appear simultaneously on my PC screen? (i.e., like a drawing pad). If it is possible, then how?

Tnx!

Yeah, kind of.

It would be possible for example to draw on your Boox and seeing the results on your pc. So using the device as a Wacom tablet.

And actually you could even do both of the things: write on the max, seeing the draw on the pc, seeing the drawing on the max itself.

But more help from the Onyx team would be needed. Since ATM personally I do not know how to access those hardware layers like the Wacom one and the EInk one.

Also it is not easy task to directly communicate to the pc.

I could be wrong, but this is what I think: it could be done, but it is not easy.

I would really like to know how to do that. I have a Boox Note 2 I have tried OneNote, Evernote and a few other 3rd party apps and it works terribly. I would really like to be able to share my screen with my students while I’m using the native note app. Could you please find a solution to all of us teachers who have to teach remotely now?

Hi,

I have also been trying to connect the Note 2 to use as a drawing board for teaching students.

So far, the best solution I found is through awwapp.com.

It is a web based whiteboard sharing platform. There is definitely more input lag from the pen (compared to the built in Note taking app, but it’s acceptable for my use).

My setup using Zoom Meeting:

1. Connect to Zoom meeting on my PC.
  2. Open web browser on PC to awwapp.com
  3. Open web browser on Note 2 to same whiteboard on awwapp.com
  4. In Zoom, share the screen of web browser (which has your awwapp whiteboard opened).

Now you can use the Note 2 to draw and it will be live broadcast on Zoom and shared. I found it works better if you disable the touch screen on Note 2 so you get palm rejection while using the pen only.

Hope this helps some of you out there. :slight_smile:

I also kept track of battery use with this method. Yesterday, it used about 4-5% of battery for every hour. Not too bad…

Hi.
You can use Spacedesk Works fine in my Nova Pro so, should work perfectly in any other device.
You use the program (Driver) in your Windows PC Then the app for your Boox device. When you connect your Boox device will be used as an external monitor for your PC. You can extend your monitor or you can duplicate your monitor. If you duplicate your monitor you can use any drawing (or note taking) and use your device as a drawing pad or touch screen for your PC.
Response is good enough. :grin:
Hope that helps.
Ramón.

I tried to achieve this goal with MS Teams. Teams has android client, and it can be installed on the Max2. So far so good. The android Teams client has a capability to share the screen of the android, so that you can switch to a drawing app, and the meeting will continue in the background, and sharing your drawing app the same way as you would share a PC desktop. It works with my Samsung Note phone.

The problems:

• On the Max 2 the screen refresh became unstable during sharing the screen. More often than not only a part of the screen updates, the rest freeze. When the top navigator bar is visible you can tap the clock to refresh, and that helps. But since the fullscreen-off optimization feature disappeared a few updates ago, you cannot use that while running an app.
    This is the most important show stopper problem!

• The most important use case would be sharing the KNote app, which first appears to work, but have issues:
    – The shared screen (actually the screen that android sees) only refreshed when you finishes a stroke and waits a bit. That is when the stroke refreshed and smoothed. It may or may not annoy you, but one can live with it.
    – Things works until you try to erase something. Then the screen refresh problem strikes: the viewers sees the erase, but you don’t. Until you refresh the whole screen (thankfully the KNote has a button for that in the side panel). So it is hard and confusing to know what has been erased.

• Good use case would be to share a pdf through NeoReader, and the using side note feature (split screen) to draw explanatory material. Unfortunately that is totally unusable due to the screen refresh issues.

• It would be a solution to switch between a pdf material and Knote if Onyx had an easy way to do that. Unfortunately despite the heavy demand Onyx does not even bother to respond that request.

• It would be natural to use standard Android screen mirroring to mirror the screen of the Onyx device to a PC window and share that. Unfortunately again, Onyx lacks this feature. 3rd party screen mirror solutions on the other hand have the same screen refresh issue reported above.

• Specifically for MS Teams, it is hardly (if at all) usable on the eink screen of the Onyx device, even the sound have problems (I even tried to use Bluetooth headset, without success). The workaround here can be to make the conference from your PC as usual, and just connect to the meeting with your Onyx device, sound and video disabled.

• Unfortunately the MS Teams android client is buggy by itself. This has nothing to do with Onyx, but yet, it is a show stopper issue. More often than not one cannot find the meeting to connect to on the android client.

1 Like