WiFi connects but

Have tried to use Wifi. I get trapped in a loop of password inputs. Multiple times. Did factory reset now trapped with device not recognized game. I just wanted to download Kindle. I paid $529 for this? Help.

I had this issue with my wifi in my dorm, I would keep getting cagey “network abnormal, device not connected” errors. Eventually, they went away on their own, not sure what made the thing happy, but the lack of posts I found here kinda makes me think that most people who have this issue tend to see it resolve itself after a bit.

I know this doesn’t really help, sorry :^(

May I know the network you have used? And the error message on your Boox device when try to connect to the network?

I connect to my private Wifi set up at home. Managed to connect the first time to set up the device. I didn’t want to explore kindle or pdfs so, I just connected to get the device recognized in Google Play. That was when I received the device.
Two weeks ago I decided to explore. I connect to my own phone’s Wifi and was able to download the Kindle app. Later that day at home I tried to connect to my private wifi and when it was unsuccesful to the phone wifi. Neither one works. Message is the same. You are connected there is no Internet service.

To try and rule out certain kinds of problems, would you be able to take the reader to a Starbucks, public library, or other establishment offering free connectivity to see if you can connect to WiFi there? Possibly take it to a restaurant since many of them offer WiFi to their patrons.

1 Like

Why would I expose myself to a public WiFi when I have my own network? Makes no sense.

To test and rule out any unknown compatibility issue with your home network…

There are general tips for this issue available on articles like this.
You can try to reset your device and your router, and you can “forget” the network and add it back again.

Sorry for the late reply here. Please kindly try to forget the WiFi first and then reconnect. If that problem still exists, please try to submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback on your device and our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.