Feature Request: Note App - Ability to Move Pages Within and Across Documents

The ability to freely moving around pages within a notebook and also across notebooks would be a great feature. My ideas on how to design this:

via the menu toolbox,

• add a button to select a page for moving
  • if a page is selected for moving, enable two buttons: insert before and insert after. Clicking one of them will move the selected page before or after the currently active page.
  • if a page other than the currently active is selected for moving within the currently opened notebook, enable another button: move more pages. By clicking this, the user is selecting a range of pages to be moved.
  • if one or more pages is selected for moving in any notebook, add a button to cancel the selection, resetting the move state.

My usecase: I have many notebooks where some pages contain important notes while most are not that useful. In order to organize my notes, I’d like to create new notebooks for important notes, moving relevant pages to them.

Example: Every month at work I create a new notebook which I fill with random notes. Approximately three-five new pages every day. Most pages are clutter and sketches, like temporary mind maps, while some pages contain important action points I need to do. As a complement to this monthly notebook, I’d love to have another notebook with action points. At the end of every day, I’ll go through the notes of today, moving the pages containing action points to this important notebook.

1 Like

This was a while ago but I strongly agree with this post. However you guys want to enable this functionality just get it in there, its crazy it isn’t in there yet. These are digital devices that should offer more ability than traditional paper.

Also cutting and pasting parts of scribbles

Dears, Thank you very much for your kind suggestion, I will forward it to our R&D.

Copy and past pages and part of pages are the second mort important feature I lack. The most important is to export a single page or part of page with mail or OneNote

Any update on this? I know it’s incredibly old by now, but this is a feature I’ve needed on my nova pro for a while now.

Hello, these two features are available on Note App with the latest firmware now.

Below is the instruction of how to move part of scribbles between different pages.

1. Use the selection tool to select the part of scribbles then click the “copy” button at the top of the page.

1. Move to the page where you want to paste the part of scribbles and then click the “paste” button.

2. Easily adjust the position for the part of scribbles on the page.

Below is the instruction of moving pages within one note.

1. Open a note and then click the button marked as red below.

2. Select the page you want to move around with the “back” and “forth” button marked as red below.

3. Then you could easily move the page within one document with that button.

This is great news. I think the main feature missing from the notes app now is to move pages between notes.

Use case for example:
Write new pages in one note for scribbling all the time. If one finds a page useful, move it from the scribbles to a named note.

2 Likes

Dear, thank you for your feedback here. We will forward this new request to our R&D team to follow up and will keep you updated.

1 Like