NeoReader 2 : 2 pages mode for EPUB and PDF

Hello,

With NeoReader 2 could you implement a 2 pages mode ?

This feature is missing for me for the novels or the technical books with the format EPUB or PDF.

For EPUB, the specifications could be :

• define the margins top, bottom, left and right independently of the font’s size and (maybe) the width between the two pages;
  • the possibility to change the font’s size without changing the previous parameters. You could have 10 or 100 words in a line without changing the text’s width displayed;
  • select if when a page is turned if you change only one page or if the both displayed are changed. Example with only 2 pages displayed (1 and 2) but only 1 page changed : page 1 is replaced by page 2 and page 2 by page 3. Example if the both pages (1 and 2) are changed : page 1 is replaced by page 3 and page 2 by page 4.

For PDF (like books from The Pragmatic Bookshelf or O’Reilly ) :

• keep all functions to crop a page, the most important is to keep the ability to manually crop the pages (even/odd). An auto-crop function can’t manages some PDF files, per example if a watermark is present at 1 inch of the text in some case I can lost 2 inches of space ;
  • manage the display of the 2 pages like for the EPUB format.

Thanks in advance if you could implement this.

Best regards.

I am also interested in this feature. My main usecase is musical scores. Some/most of them are clear and large enough to be fully readable in half size, hence a two pages mode would be very convenient.

hi Randy, thank you for your kind suggestion, I’ll forward it to our R&D team, thank you.

Hej johey,

the app mentioned in the other post Mobilesheetspro in addition to an app Rotationcontrol (here on google play store) works fine for me. Just set the rotation via the notification bar to landscape, and mobilesheets automatically displays two pages next to each other. You can choose whether the page turn in this case only turns one page “forward” (moving the right page to the left side and display one new page) or two pages (showing two new pages).

edit - and the rotation app is easily accesible, so that it is very quick two change between potrait (Mobilesheets displays one page) and landscape (Mobilesheets diplays two pages).

Best,
Jan

Please, add this.

2 pages for pdf and columns for EPUB to read books like scientific journals. On 13.3 this is a must.

Any hope to see a ‘2 pages mode’ with crop functions in the next release ?

Onyx, please, could you make this feature rapidly, it’s the ultimate function for many PDF and technical book.

Dears, I will forward your kind suggestion to our R&D, Thank you very much.