Remoter navigation keys as “page up/down” keys

Hi,

Is there any way to use BT remote keys as page up/down keys in 3rd party applications?

I use Inoreader to read my RSS feeds on note pro, the page turn works well with the navigation ball but it just scrolls one line at a time with remote. Is there anyway to configure it like the navigation ball page turn keys?
Thanks

May I know the name of your BT remoter?

It is “BOOX B.T. remotor”

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16yL2JJcv2UbIKNNTBW1RueLbNWwVWIEM/view?usp=drivesdk

Please kindly update the firmware for BT remoter first. Below is the instruction for the firmware update and you could learn more from this video.

How to update the firmware of the Bluetooth Remote Control?

1. Download the “OnyxDFU-release" apk from here and install it in your Android phone.

2. Open the “OnyxDFU-release” App in your phone and then select the Bluetooth remote control at first step.

3. Make sure that you have opened your phone’s Bluetooth first, and then please kindly click any button of your remote control.

4. After the phone has paired with the Bluetooth control successfully, then click the “Update” button to easily update to the latest firmware.

5. Then you could try to repair the remote control with your Boox device.

I tried it with 3 different devices. On 2 devices it just stays on “Scanning” mode.

While on other it shows following error:

Hi, for the scanning issue, please make sure that you have unpaired the BT remote with your Boox device or other devices. Then you could connect your BT remote with your Android phone or tablet to update to the latest firmware.

I’m able to update the firmware

Tried the pageup/pagedown keys with updated version, still it is same. It just scrolls one line at a time on 3rd party apps, while “navigation ball” page turn buttons work well

Hi @claire

I’m still stuck with this issue, can you please get it checked and if some changes can be made to Remoter Navigation functionality ?

To explain the issue again:

https://www.boox.com/boox-remoter/

I’m using boox remote with my notepro device, I’ve observed that navigation through remote keys is different from the navigation that happens through “navigation ball - next page and previous page” soft buttons. I can comfortably scroll webpages as “pageup/pagedown” with soft navigation ball keys but it just scrolls few lines at a time with remoter on a browser session.

is it possible to make remote navigation keys to work like soft navigation keys i,.e. to scroll pages instead of just few lines? Currently, my purpose of using remote is not getting fulfilled as I have to use touch swipe or soft navigation keys on browser sessions. Would love to see navigation key function as “page up/page down” on applications like chrome or other browsers.

Thanks

I’ve tried a few page turners on my Poke and Nova. All the devices worked on the two reading apps I use:

• Moonreader
  • Tachiyomi

On other third party apps e.g. rss readers they mostly didn’t work.

I dont use those apps but page turning on pdf apps works well with boox remote too.

My point in above post was if the navigation keys on “navigation ball” can scroll the chrome/rss reader pages then it can be made the same way for boox remote keys. Right now, remote just scrolls 2-3 lines on 1 key press which makes it useless to read long pages. I should have researched more on options before getting this remote :slight_smile:

Btw, i had raised a support ticket on their boox assistant app, they said it is possible and will be considered in next firmware upgrade for remote. Let’s see.

1 Like