Bluetooth Keyboard Newline problem

I have a serious issue trying to type a text with a BT keyboard connected to the Max Carta 2. I can type without problems in the first half of the screen. As soon as I reach the middle of the screen, he only way to create a newline is using the software keyboard. If I press Enter on the BT keyboard, the cursor goes back to the middle of the page. In other words, I cannot write a text longer than half a page with a BT keyboard.
This link shows a sort of mouse cursor that shows up every time I press Enter on the BT keyboard. The cursor goes back to the same line of the mouse cursor (I don’t know if the two things are related).

My attempts:

• I tried with two different BT keyboards
  • I have updated the Max Carta 2 to the latest firmware (BOOX Max2 V1.8.3 20180129)
  • I have tried with 5 different text editors (eg. Retro Text Editor)
  • I have tried to reset to factory settings

None of the above worked :disappointed_relieved:
Any help to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Lovely device, slight pen and keyboard issues

Hi, Peter, thank you very much for your message!
We have contacted Our technical team and talked about the problem you encountered, we will come up with a solution and help you fix it in a few days.Please don`t worry.

Thanks a lot! I asked other Max Carta 2 owners to try on another forum, and they have not this problem.
Could it depend on the BT keyboards sending strange key codes for the Enter key? I have tried them on the iPad, the Enter button works correctly on that devices. I am available to give further technical details if needed.

I have the same problem you described, ENTER button not working correctly and mouse cursor appearing!

I have found here a report of the same problem on another Android device, that has been solved with a firmware update.

Could this problem be caused by a non-US keyboard?

Angelo

I think so. Mine is a keyboard with italian layout. The only way workaround so far, after many hours spent trying to solve the problem, is to remap the Enter key on the keyboard with another key that is not used on the Max2 (Alt GR), and then use a utility on the Max2 to remap the Alt GR to Enter :disappointed_relieved:
This is possible because my keyboard allows remapping of some keys.
Another solution is to get an OTG cable and use a USB keyboard. No problems so far using USB keyboards.

Same issue on the Max 2 with latest firmware.

This is issue I have and probably is the same for others:

When the key ENTER is pressed on a Bluetooth keyboard, the tablet does a mouse left click which causes a lot of trouble.

Please fix.

Thanks,
Danilo.