All bugs and issues with firmware 2.2.2 (Note 2)

Update: A new issue with the lasso tool in the Notes app.

1 Like

If any of you encounter issues not listed, please let me now! I will validate and add them to my ongoing list and share this list to an Onyx support representative. I have contacted Onyx through various channels, and I am currently in a (slow) conversation with Onyx.

Hopefully they will acknowledge my support and accept me as an interface between community and developers. Since I am a developer myself, I know how to report issues in a more developer-friendly way and it is always easier to communicate with a single person.

3 Likes

Since getting my note pro, I can’t manage to make it connect to wifi. It works perfectly with mobile hotspot, but with my home it just doesn’t. I’ve tried it on every version of software, forgetting the wifi and restarting the router every time. My router is made by Asus and yes i’am trying to connect to 2.4 GHz (That’s usually the first response to problems like this.). I’ve tried to contact onyx through feedback but i’am unsure if they got my message since i didn’t get any mail confirmation.

You could try changing the WiFi channel (this is a different thing than the 2.4 GHz operating band) used by your router from the default. Could be that there are neighbouring WiFi access points operating on that channel to affect connectivity.

@Jorewin

Can’t you connect or is your Wi-Fi network not visible in your Onyx? If you cannot connect, then this could have several reasons. First let me ask, when was the last firmware update of your router? Modern devices have a higher security requirements for Wi-Fi networks and if your router cannot fulfill them then you cannot connect.

I would try these steps first:

• Reboot your rooter (Believe me, most people still don’t reboot their device before asking. If you already did, ignore this)
  • Try to change the encryption mode of your Wi-Fi password (WPA2, WPA-PSK, etc.).
  • As @HammockTime already said, maybe your channel is overloaded. In Wi-Fi 2.4 you have 13 channels and only 3 of them don’t overlap. Try 1, 6 or 11.

Kind regards
Erik

i also have the same issue , just open a ticket

i try using hot spot from iphone and android also the same "no internet "

@yardi @claire

I can confirm this issue. I have nothing changed, but since this morning my Onyx is connected to Wi-Fi but it has no internet connection. There are two log files in my storage.

You can find the logs here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WhIFR3EWD82RoZ4OQXA4zGky50wSwwGN

I will investigate this issue on my own, too. If I find a solution, I will let you know.

Update: My device does have internet connection but the status message is just wrong! Can you confirm this? Could you please navigate with your Browser through the internet?

I’m having the same problem. I thought my wifi truly wasn’t connecting, but you’re right-- I’m able to access internet just fine.

Wow, this is such a comprehensive and detailed list! Great job documenting @hazington!

This is my biggest gripe. I really don’t want to have to disable touch to take notes, there should be decent palm-recognition libraries out there that onyx can use.

IIRC this has to do with the rendering of templates, not the templates themselves. I’ve downloaded templates that I know to be uniform, and they also render with inconsistent width.

I installed a third party dictionary that uses the IPA alphabet to show how to pronounce words. For long enough words, I’ve had the whole first line be strings of these HTML-encoded unicode thingies. It’s super horrible.

The reason for the inconsistency in line strength is scaling. Onyx has changed the aspect ratio of the writing area, but has not updated the templates. The old templates must now be scaled to fit the new dimensions of the writing area. This always happens with scaled templates with thin lines, even on computers.

By the way. On my Note 2 the Wi-Fi issue has gone since this morning. It is possible that Onyx has set up its own captive portal server to check internet connection and that this server has been down yesterday.

Well, I’ve tried playing with channels and many other settings, and still when I try to connect the device just shows status “Saved, secured with WPA2 PSK”, that sometimes changes to “Scanning…” and “Connecting…”. I’ve managed to get the log from router when the device tries to connect "Deauth_ind [MAC] , status: 0, Station requesting (re)association is not authenticated with responding station ". I also want to emphasise that i’ve had this problem from the very beginning (on every software version), and I own Note Pro so it’s quite different from the issue the other people describe.

People have mentioned that you can turn off the zoom feature to re-enable palm-rejecttion. But when I do that, it still pops up text saying “zoom disabled” every time I place my hand or move my hand. And you can’t write while the message is there, so effectively it is still broken with the zoom turned off!

Is there some way to turn off this message? I’m so upset with this latest update, it has totally broken the writing / note taking. Who in the world designs these software changes? It’s like they don’t actually use the device at all.

1 Like

Added another bug to the keyboard section and fixed wrong “added” dates in the list.

Issue with drawing over text in note.

Additionaly, the buttons on Max2 device do not turn the page in the note app.

delayed line segment generated in the notes app.
ezgif.com-crop(1)

1 Like

You should try to restart your device and see if the problem is solved then. I only have a short delay after erasing something with the eraser function of the pen and then immediately continuing writing.

I will try to reproduce the drawing over text issue.

The issue persists after multiple restarts. There is no erasing involved in this issue.
Do you by any chance also see thickening of line when using paint brush tool and then using eraser in the vicinity ?

@dg_goel

Yes, but this has a technical reason. While drawing the quality is reduced to have a low latency and 400 ms (you can set this time in the settings) after pen lifting your drawing will be updated and finally inserted in the expected quality. This is something you need to get used to. Maybe they can improve this, but at the moment this is a normal behaviour.

While you are a Max 2 user and your system runs another firmware and Android OS, it is possible that you encounter problems that I do not have on my device. All issues listed here should be also related to the Max 3 but for no other device.

For example every Note and the latest Max 3 model do not have any buttons to turn the page.

Anyway, please excuse my late reply. I am preparing myself for three exams in February and therefore focused on them. Since I am helping here voluntary I hope you will understand. :slight_smile:

1 Like