Share your thoughts on the new firmware V2.1.1

Does anyone have the 2.1.1 firmware for Note Pro downloaded already and can share with me via a google drive link? I find it ridiculous that Boox releases a firmware and then pulls it down off their website. I will deal with a few small bugs while I wait for the next update. There are plenty of people using 2.1.1 without issue.

Nice update. Made my Poke Pro very efficient. I’m not sure about the ‘Traditional’ option in the Neoreader. What does it do?

Please add a way to disable hyphenation. It will add much speed to our reading I believe. Only justifying alignment is enough for most cases. An option to disable hyphenation will be much appreciated.

Bump

@claire:

I followed your advice to update my Note Lite by changing the language to Chinese first, and after updating returning it to English.

I noticed I now have the new ‘Navigation Ball’ feature, which suggests I now do have 2.1.1.
But the version info says 2.1, and not 2.1.1 (see above)
So it seems the update was not a complete success.

Can I trust that the next firmware will fix these problems, and that it will be available in English without the need to resort to circuitous procedures?

I did, same effect. Maybe i did not make clear what i mean:

• Open Ebook
  • Open Menu
  • Choose Format from the bottom
  • Choose Format Tab
  • Choose Side-by-Side Format
  • In the Same Menu choose a different Direction (better translation would probably orientation) - that will rotate the book 180 degrees.

This is what i mean by not preserving direction: When i close the Book and later open it again, the rotation is always the same instead of keeping the 180 degree rotation.

Note, fw 2.1.1.
I have issues with my old scribbles in some pdf’s (not at all).
All scribbles in the TOC look like that:

Waiting doesn’t avail.
And when I try to click at one (or select ones) app just closes.
When I create new scribble, it doesn’t appear in the TOC, but if I reopen PDF, scribble disappears (old scribbles I can see

)

Will fw 2.1.2. solve this issues?

Hello, sorry about that problem. Please submit this on Feedback via Settings/Feedback and our relative colleagues will reply back as soon as possible.

Congratulations to Onyx for the ideas developed in version 2. 1. 1. of the software. Personally, it seems to me that the improvements made bring a great deal of professionalism to Onyx devices.
From the many improvements I am particularly pleased with

• Recognition of handwriting with a very high accuracy that makes it possible to almost completely remove the keyboard resulting in greater concentration power during writing;
  • the Navigation Ball button for accessing more activities permanently prezent;
  • Ease Scribble mode activation in Neo Reader 3.0
  • new organizing of options in Neo Reader 3.0

I would also mention a few touches and wishes I see necessary:

• When exiting from a document opened in Neo Reader I am not bringed back in the directory where I launched the NeoReader application, but every time on the Home page, which makes it difficult, for example, to check several documents in the same directory, especially if the directory from which open documents is placed at a lower level in the Storage Explorer branch.

Other dysfunctions:

• When selecting a fragment only to copy it, the selection does not disappear after closing the dialog box;
  • The page marking fan does not appear in the Neo Reader menu;
  • Sometimes the markage of a page is automatically named after the chapter name and there is no possibility to change this name, and the pages where the document does not have the TOC structure can be named only the first time;
  • Pressing the Back button on the Neo Reader menu bar takes me through all the documents I opened in that session before to get me out from the application;

Desire:

• I would like the keyboard to be enabled as a Scribble or SideNote mode input, or that the AI ​​module to be also present in SideNote mode (or that SideNote notes can be exported to Note aplication for Handwriting Recognition)
  • Including the Romanian language as a system language, TTS in the Romanian language
  • The Onyx keyboard to contain languages ​​other than English and Chinese.
  • The built-in Dict application to accept bgl dictionaries or the Neo Reader application can work with another dictionary application (such as Golden Dict);
  • Better synchronization of Notes with Storage Explorer
  • Better battery management.

Thanks to Onyx team and success in forward activity!

Hello, thank you for your detailed review and kind suggestions to us, we will take them seriously and forward them to our relative colleagues to follow up.
And we have two questions for you as below:
Sometimes the markage of a page is automatically named after the chapter name and there is no possibility to change this name, and the pages where the document does not have the TOC structure can be named only the first time;
Could you kindly tell us which kind of document? DJVU or others?
Pressing the Back button on the Neo Reader menu bar takes me through all the documents I opened in that session before to get me out from the application;
Could you kindly provide a video to reproduce the problem?
Looking forward to your early reply.:grinning:

Hi, Claire! and thanks for response.
I’ve made two videos - not professional, but I hope you will understand what I’m tring to say.
In the first I open a book in NeoReader and then I read from other 3 books. Now I want to exit, but I can’t exit before it pass me through all the documents I have opened in this session.
https://vimeo.com/338739673
In the second I open a book at the “X” chapter and marking two pages from this chapter. Looking in the TOC I find the markings but they are both named with the name of the chapter (“X”) and I can’t change this arbitrary name. The book is a pdf but the same thing is happening with epub document.
https://vimeo.com/338739148
My firmware code apears in the photo.DSC01290

Hello Rafail, thank you for your kind feedback. We will forward this to our relative colleagues to follow up. And you are suggested to submit this on Feedback via Settings / Feedback on your device when you come across the same bug next time.

About exiting.
If I want to exit I’m just pressing the physical button for a while(2-3 seconds) or double tap (sometimes(too often sadly) more and very quickly) on the floating navigation ball.
The physical button is a slightly more comfortable way in my opinion.

Thanks for your reply. Your answers were as followes;

1. When I changed from Max 2 to Max 2 pro, I was dismayed to know that Note files cannot be retrieved in the Note app because they had been converted into PDF files. It would be wonderful if there is any way to get them back in the Note app.
    Hello, you could learn more about copying notes from one device to another from this thread. And you could still edit the notes in another device.
    2 I use Google Drive which automatically synchronize and back up any new modifications of my files in my computer. It would be wonderful if you find a way for the Google Drive to automatically back up note files and annotation files in the Max.
    You could go to “Notes-Settings-Option Settings-Account sync and backup” to sync notes to your Dropbox account.
    3 It would also be good if you could update the program so that even if I reset the device to the factory setting I could still be able to see all underlines I had made. Last time, after the factory reset, all my annotation files still existed but the Neo Reader app could not retrieve them.
    Please note that this will delete the personal data (such as reading history, applications, some personal setting) but won’t delete those files in storage.

My questions are again

1. Actually, I don’t have Max 2 anymore, Is there any way to retrieve my notes in dropbox into my new Max 2 pro? If I open my previous note in Dropbox, it does with the Neo Reader app but not with the Note app.

2. Notes are synchronized automaticall to my dropbox. My question was about annotated files. Is there any way to have them backed up automatically?

Thank you for your feedback. Below are the answers to your questions:

1. Actually, I don’t have Max 2 anymore, Is there any way to retrieve my notes in dropbox into my new Max 2 pro? If I open my previous note in Dropbox, it does with the Neo Reader app but not with the Note app.
    We are sorry to inform you that it is not available to retrieve the notes into your new Max 2 Pro if you don’t have Max 2 anymore and it has been converted into PDF formats.

2. Notes are synchronized automatically to my dropbox. My question was about annotated files. Is there any way to have them backed up automatically?
    Do you mean the annotated files in Neo Reader. If yes, it is not available to have them backed up automatically, you are suggested to export them manually and sync to your dropbox.

. One of the most concerns raised in a Boox cafe in my country was the possibility of losing handwriting, highlights and annotations after the factory reset. Several members reported that after the embed PDF and then the factory reset, some books were opened with their handwriting and highlights but annotations were not recognized. And other books did not even show highlights and handwriting.

One member’s example. She put some memos in a book using the Scribble and then had the book file transferred to a computer, The handwriting was recognized on the computer but when the file was transferred back to the device after the factory reset , the Neoreader did not recognize the handwriting. Of course, abode app on the computer recognized it when the file was sent back to the computer.

Another example. After the factory reset, the Neoreader showed book with their handwriting and highlights but were not able to edit them.

In conclusion, if I buy another Max, even if I transfer all the embedded book files into the new device, any highlights and handwriting could not be retrieved with their books. Or if my device gets broken and I buy a new Max, even though luckily I backed up ally embedded pdf files manually, all the highlights and handwriting cannot be retrieved with books.

1. I would like to know the difference between Png and Pdf in the Note app. Thanks.

Hi, It would be cool if :
Improve the reader of books -

• See book reading % progress / or progress chapitre.
  • Reading statistics are welcome too.
  • CCS compatibility improvement, including “pseudo-element”
  • Space lines in book between paragraphs is too big for an 8inch reader.
  • Possibility to use TTS with screen off.
  • “Book details” : It doesn’t work as it does, in my case it doesn’t work at all, with none of my books.

That’s all :wink:

Onyx BOOX is really good for PDF files, for me, BOOX Onyx is the best player…
Just a improve in NeoReader for the book for the rest it’s perfect !!

Thank you for your excellent work and for your exemplary service.

Hello, we are really sorry about that problem. Could you kindly provide the build number of your device to us? (Find at Settings/ About Device) At the same time, please submit this on Feedback via Settings/ Feedback when this bug happen again.
For the difference between Png and Pdf in the Note app, you are suggested to choose the Png format when you would like to export the current page of the Notes and you are suggested to choose the PDF format if you would like to export the all pages of the Notes.

Hello Michal, thank you for your support to us all the time. We will forward your valuable suggestions to our relative colleagues to follow up. And below are feedbacks to some of your suggestions:
Space lines in book between paragraphs is too big for an 8inch reader.
You could directly adjust the space lines via Format-Reflow-Format.
Possibility to use TS with screen off.
Do you mean the touch screen when the screen is off? If yes, it is not available according to our relative colleagues.
“Book details” : It doesn’t work as it does, in my case it doesn’t work at all, with none of my books.
Please note that the “Book detail” option will be available for those books downloaded from “Shop” App in the device.

My build number is 8c:f7:10:8d:74:28. I am not sure if this is the build number.

Actually, all of sudden, I keep getting the message " Enable the google play service" although it had been fine for several months. So I got help from your support team and followed the process of the device registration. But I get the message again.

I would like to try the factory reset but my concern is that I might lose all annotations, highlights and memos written in the Scribble mode. I know that the annotation files are not deleted with the factory reset. But even with the embed export, some members reported in a BOOX club that the Neo Reader could not edit any memos and annotations were not retrieved with their books. Is there any way I can retrieve highlights and handwritng with their books after the factory reset? Thanks. Tim.