Share your thoughts on the new firmware V2.1.1

Hi,

i’m having too the same problem as many users: It’s impossible to update firmware (sometimes even the manual) through the website; clicking on the link refers the download overview page again rather than downloading a file.
You are correcting the fw. 2.1.1 which still has many bugs?
The transition from version 1.9.x to 2.1 was a big change, maybe it had to be tested more before the release.
However, isn’t it better to put a warning on the temporary suspension of the service?

Thanks, greetings

My guess is that it’s just a bug in whatever code generates their website. It’s been the Chinese labor day holiday for the past few days so they probably just haven’t gotten around to seeing our messages and fixing it. That’s my hope, at least.

Labor Day is sacred!
I hope so too.

https://we.tl/t-8faCKLv6nm

Hello,
attached is an image of the problem I described.

When I changed from Max 2 to Max 2 pro, I was dismayed to know that Note files cannot be retrieved in the Note app because they had been converted into PDF files. It would be wonderful if there is any way to get them back in the Note app.
I use Google Drive which automatically synchronize and back up any new modifications of my files in my computer. It would be wonderful if you find a way for the Google Drive to automatically back up note files and annotation files in the Max. If then, I don’t have to worry about my losing annotation files in case I drop the Max.
One more thing. It would also be good if you could update the program so that even if I reset the device to the factory setting I could still be able to see all underlines I had made. Last time, after the factory reset, all my annotation files still existed but the Neo Reader app could not retrieve them.

1 Like

Dear user, we recently updated the firmware to version 2.1.1, which may cause bugs during use. This update has been temporarily suspended and we are currently developing a fix for these issues. The fix will be announced on our official website and social media once it is available. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.

Dear user, we recently updated the firmware to version 2.1.1, which may cause bugs during use. This update has been temporarily suspended and we are currently developing a fix for these issues. The fix will be announced on our official website and social media once it is available. Apologies for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding.

Dear, thank you for your kind suggestion. We have forwarded this to our relative colleagues and it will be fixed in the next firmware.

Hello Claire,

so you confirm that there is now way to export sidenotes as a single PDF from eBooks like *.AZW or *.MOBI?
I think this functionality should be added.

I have another question as well: Where are the sidenotes stored until I export them? I would like to constantly backup them by a file sync app, but I cannot find them.

Is there an estimate as to when 2.1.1 (or.2) will be available again? I just got back to the US and unpacked my preordered Note Pro, which was waiting for me. I have been trying to update to 2.1.1 but struggling to download, until I found this post. This is very sad news because I really wanted to update my new device and start using it with the new firmware. Can you please let us know when it will be back up?

V2.1.1: When viewing epub in two-page mode, the direction is not remembered between closing and reopening the book.

What I should do if I have upgraded to 2.1.1, I mean will firmware 2.1.1 with fixed bugs be available for me?

When I changed from Max 2 to Max 2 pro, I was dismayed to know that Note files cannot be retrieved in the Note app because they had been converted into PDF files. It would be wonderful if there is any way to get them back in the Note app.
Hello, you could learn more about copying notes from one device to another from this thread. And you could still edit the notes in another device.
I use Google Drive which automatically synchronize and back up any new modifications of my files in my computer. It would be wonderful if you find a way for the Google Drive to automatically back up note files and annotation files in the Max.
You could go to “Notes-Settings-Option Settings-Account sync and backup” to sync notes to your Dropbox account.
It would also be good if you could update the program so that even if I reset the device to the factory setting I could still be able to see all underlines I had made. Last time, after the factory reset, all my annotation files still existed but the Neo Reader app could not retrieve them.
Please note that this will delete the personal data (such as reading history, applications, some personal setting) but won’t delete those files in storage.

Yes, you could update to the newest one later.

We have checked several books in Epub format, all of them work well. Could you kindly try another one?

We are sorry to inform you that we could not provide an estimated date to you now. And we will keep you updated.

**so you confirm that there is now way to export sidenotes as a single PDF from eBooks like .AZW or .MOBI?
You could export sidenotes as a single doc by going to the menu button-TOC-sidenotes-export button.
I have another question as well: Where are the sidenotes stored until I export them? I would like to constantly backup them by a file sync app, but I cannot find them.
It will be under Storage\Note.

**so you confirm that there is now way to export sidenotes as a single PDF from eBooks like .AZW or .MOBI?
You could export sidenotes as a single doc by going to the menu button-TOC-sidenotes-export button.
It will be under Storage\Note.

Could you please try to refresh the screen with the “A2” button on the status bar first? If that still exists, please submit this on Feedback.